Who would be a good candidate for a transfer to a QROPS in Canada?
- Aged 55 or older
- Currently residing in Canada with expatriate status or are looking to relocate shortly
- Plan on residing in Canada for a minimum of five (5) years
- Plan on retiring in Canada
- Wish to have their pension savings in the same country, in Canadian dollars
Main benefits of QROPS at iA
- Allows you to benefit from market growth potential and enjoy all the advantages of segregated funds
- Backed by a company with over a century of outstanding financial strength
- Offers a wide range of funds managed by highly skilled professionals
- Offers creditor protection1
- Ensures a quick, confidential transfer to heirs at your death (no probate fees)1
How do I transfer a pension plan from the UK to Canada?
A financial advisor can give you the best advice on how to invest your assets in Canada. You can meet with them virtually or in person.You can contact your financial security advisor to start the transfer process. Should you not already have a financial security advisor, you may reach a customer relations specialist. 1Possible with a beneficiary designation. 2For more information on pension schemes and their transferability, contact a UK tax specialist or financial advisor (fees may apply).