Best Practices Specialist, Group Insurance Administration
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 2200, McGill College Avenue
- City: Montreal
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10007437
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-03-19
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you known for your sense of initiative, your team spirit, and your sense of organization? Do you have a strong sense of analysis and synthesis?
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Group Contract Administration and Billing, the individual is responsible for documenting administrative processes and preparing the arrival of new business to ensure optimal administration. As a team specialist, he or she is responsible for monitoring the content of reference tools to ensure that they reflect current business practices and procedures for both invoicing and manual and electronic movements. The individual participates in decisions regarding the arrival of new clients, to ensure that exceptions and discrepancies are well documented and to assist administrative center staff in interpreting them effectively. In addition, the incumbent promotes a LEAN approach in all interventions and recommendations.
Here are some of his main responsibilities:
- Developing administrative processes taking into account market trends to ensure optimal service for our clients.
- Responsible and guardian of administrative standards
- Improve procedures according to new products and new laws and ensure knowledge transfer to the team.
- Be proactive in the continuous improvement of administrative practices and oversee administrative improvement projects.
- Collaborates with the various sectors to establish consistent processes and procedures in order to provide the best possible customer experience.
- In collaboration with the Quality Coach, develop action plans to improve team performance.
- Responsible for document management for all administrative team documents.
- Writes and maintains up-to-date procedures and training materials.
- Ensures that "out of the box" features are documented and coded and integrated into continuous improvement projects.
- The individual acts as a liaison with numerous stakeholders to keep abreast of problems or challenges. As required, the incumbent will participate in the improvement of systems and processes and the resolution of complex problems, complaints and cases.
- The individual may be required to perform other duties to enable the team to meet service level targets.
- College diploma and a minimum of 5 years experience in group insurance (participant administration) ;
- FLMI or CEBS designation, an asset ;
- Strong skills in staff training and development, employee relations, workflow management and documentation of policies and procedures ;
- Good knowledge of provincial legislation and Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association guidelines;
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills (primarily Word and Excel)
- Perfectly bilingual, both orally and in writing;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Concern for quality and initiative;
- Ability to work under pressure;
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.