At the end of your mortgage term, you can bet that your financial situation has evolved since you signed your mortgage. Whatever your current situation, doing an assessment will enable you to take advantage of the renewal of your mortgage. You can even take this opportunity to improve your situation.
Several elements can make it a good idea to review the terms and conditions of your mortgage or to refinance, including:
- A home assessment
- Increase or decrease of your income
- Projects requiring liquidity, like a trip or renovations
- The desire to reduce your payments
- Your intent to repay your mortgage sooner or in full
- The market: take advantage of lower rates or hedge against rate hikes
The renewal of your mortgage can make your daily life easier by providing flexibility in terms of your finances, thus helping you to reach your goals. By taking the time to think about your short-, medium- and long-term objectives, you will get the most out of the renewal process in order to achieve them.
Our mortgage agents can then guide you through the renewal process.