Employee Relations Consultant (Maternity Leave)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Human Resources and Continuous Improvement
- Job ID: JR10005118
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Do you love strategic thinking, enjoy working closely with business partners and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
iA Financial Group is looking for an Employee Relations Consultant to join our Toronto team on a 12-month contract!
Reporting to the Director, Global Health and Partner Services, the Employee Relations Consultant is responsible for supporting business partners in an advisory capacity.
- Handle complex files in collaboration with managers, health professionals and legal counsel.
- Manage and facilitate conflict resolution
- Participate in workplace investigations revolving around policy breaches and other code of conduct concerns
- Support managers and senior leaders with disciplinary conversations, performance improvement plans and involuntary separations
- Manage negotiations and advise managers on best practices
- Participate in tribunal mediations with the support of legal counsel
- Consult and advise managers to ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policies
- If necessary, provide certain training related to corporate policies
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and establish a high level of trust
- Strong analytical skills and resiliency
- A high level of comfort navigating ambiguity and operating in the “grey zone”
- Ability to influence and challenge business partners
- A high level of emotional maturity and judgment
- A strong moral compass and ability to manage sensitive situations confidentially
- Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to the position (psychology, industrial relations, labour law or human resources) or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Ontario labour law
- Experience in crisis management an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, bilingualism in French as asset
- CHRP/ CHRL designation an asset
- Ability to travel among 3 GTA locations as needed, access to vehicle preferred
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.