Student - Legal Administrative Assistant
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522 University Avenue
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: JR10016257
- Job type: Student Job Full time
- Apply before: 2023-03-31
Sector: Legal / Legal Assistant / Student Job / Full-time / Hybrid / Toronto / Starting: May
Supporting the Executive Legal Secretary, the primary objective of the Legal Assistant is to provide support for the four (4) lawyers in the Toronto legal department. They will assist all members of the department in organizing, planning and controlling administrative duties.
- Preparing, editing, sending written communications;
- Drafting and serving legal documents, including Statements of Defence, Affidavits of Documents, Motion Records, and filing them with the court;
- Conducting limited legal research;
- Filing/updating Galexy, the legal department’s database;
- Paying invoices;
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings, courses and programs;
- Handling phone calls and messages for lawyers when required;
- Processing/distributing incoming mail;
- Making travel arrangements;
- Being the department’s main administrative support during Executive Legal Secretary’s vacations.
- Student currently in college or university, available 7.5 - 15 hours per week during the school year and full time in the summer;
- Ability to work both independently and under pressure in terms of tight deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality, good organization skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- Intermediate computer and word processing skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite software;
- Interest in law considered an asset;
- Willing to go at the office once in a while.
This offer appeals to you and you would like to be part of a dynamic team? Don't wait any longer and apply now!
At iA, we invest,
Our employees are our best investment and we have much to offer them.
iA Financial Group is the strength of a company with a human side, with its over 8,000 employees. Together, we have earned the trust of our more than four million clients and 50,000 advisors who have chosen us for their insurance, savings, and wealth management.
With over $200 billion in assets and half a billion invested in technological innovation, we’re a key player in the financial services industry in Canada and the United States. The secret to our success? Investing in you, one person at a time. Because, for over 125 years, we have believed that it’s by supporting our employees and surrounding ourselves with the most reputable leaders in the industry, we will continue to innovate.
At iA, we’re invested in you.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At iA Financial Group, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
Please note that if you need help or assistance to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please contact us here. Someone from our team will be happy to assist you.