Take a step forward for your career at iA Financial Group and showcase your skills and abilities as they pertain to advising partners, managing human resources, encouraging career development, and controlling and respecting processes in continuous improvement mode.
Your contribution will be valued within an organization which has human values in a climate of high-performance!
As Senior Director, IT Service Delivery – Property and Casualty Insurance and Dealer Services, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality delivery of all IT services needed for this sector’s operations. More specifically, these include auto and home insurance, automobile dealer services and auto financing. The main offices for this sector are located in Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver.
As delivery manager, you will be required to work in project mode for the delivery of new solutions and in operational mode with respect to business continuity. You will also be responsible for implementing corporate initiatives and innovative developments with respect to information technologies (IT) within a constantly evolving application portfolio. You will work in Lean and Agile modes and play an advisory role in terms of IT in order to meet the needs of the partners of this sector. Your mandate will also include the collection and analysis of new requests, their prioritization and implementation in addition to the sound evolution of information assets that will result therefrom. Ultimately, you will become responsible for all IT services provided to the sector, in collaboration with your information technology colleagues.
- Be the resource person responsible for all IT services delivered to the sector.
- Manage the delivery of IT services and solutions based on the sector’s or the Group’s business needs and objectives at the quality level expected, on time and on budget.
- Oversee the delivery of services for which you are responsible with respect to the sector or the company (security, provider, financial data, project health, production environment, compliance) and guarantee the availability of financial, material and human resources to ensure the agreed backlog is delivered.
- Advise internal clients in the selection and implementation of IT solutions that require the acquisition and integration of software packages or the use of shared and reusable services.
- Ensure compliance with corporate directions and standards, including during the integration of new solutions into the sector’s application and technological ecosystem, while ensuring consistency with the company’s target architecture.
- Ensure compliance with established processes, including, among other things: project management, solution design, system development and configuration, information security compliance and procurement. You will also oversee the continuous improvement of your team’s work methods.
- Identify and establish potential synergies with other sectors within the company.
- Maintain continuous and proactive communication with managers from the business sectors involved in projects and business continuity.
- Plan and manage your department’s financial, material, and human resources and report to management.
Do you stand out because of your ability to learn, your leadership and intellectual curiosity, and your excellent communication and organization skills?
If so, this permanent position, located in Quebec City or Vancouver, is for you!
This position will allow you to soundly manage your unit’s human and material resources. You will encourage your personnel to take additional training and put in place conditions conducive to the motivation, development and retention of specialized talent.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Fifteen years of relevant and in-depth work experience in information technologies.
- Experience managing multiple project teams and previous experience in managing major projects (multimillion-dollar projects).
- Experience managing programs that include multiple deliveries at the same time.
- Experience with and understanding of mechanisms related to the determination of operational and IT investment budgets for large teams.
- In-depth experience in strategic planning exercises in the determination of corporate IT directions aligned to business strategies.
- Experience and ability to help prepare and present business cases related to major projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with managers that are also users of IT services.
- Understanding of the software development cycle, the notion of DevOps, and the Lean and Agile approaches.
- Ability to innovate in your sector and mobilize resources in the face of change.
- Strong ability to develop human resources and encourage career development
- Good command of French and English (oral and written); Being bilingual will be considered a major asset.
- Experience with and knowledge of general insurance and automobile dealer services.
- Experience using the SAFe reference framework.