Manager, Infrastructure ( Québec, Montreal, Toronto)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10009206
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-06-25
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
iA Financial Group is looking for a manager to transform the infrastructure team by extending its service offer to cloud computing.
The starting point is data centre, virtualization, storage and back-up management. The next step is the introduction of technologies needed to move and extend the virtualization environment toward cloud computing.
You will be responsible for a dozen data centres across the country, hundreds of physical servers, thousands of virtual servers, and many petabytes of data!
Your infrastructure reality:
With your team, you must ensure the balance between the evolution and the stability of the infrastructures while complying with established availability, integrity, and confidentiality standards.
Working closely with the management team, you will contribute to the achievement of the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) group, whose mission is to deliver shared services to all of iA Financial Group.
Your responsibilities as a manager:
Are you passionate about employee coaching and development? Do you want to share your skill set? Do you have an unbeatable service mentality?
You will be involved on these five key points:
- Manage and help develop infrastructure services! Your objective is to make sure that all elements pertaining to project management and the organization of operations are optimal so as to meet stakeholder needs.
- Manage human resources! Your objective is to manage you team, which includes individuals with different profiles and expertise, helping with employee recruitment ,performance appraisals, training, and development plans.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers! Your objective is to maintain existing relationships in a win-win spirit and develop new partnerships to speed up project delivery and improve service delivery.
- Track and manage expenses! Your objective is to soundly manage the finances of the cost centres reporting to you and find opportunities to save money.
- Improve our processes! Your objective is to put partners at the centre of our focus and eliminate waste and non-added-value tasks.
These responsibilities will call on your soft skills, hard skills, and past experience. A good communicator with good listening and support skills, and an ability to manage emergencies and priorities, this position will give you the satisfaction of transforming and optimizing our organization!
Note that your responsibilities will sometimes require you to work outside regular business hours in order to coordinate the resolution of incidents. As a professional, you will also have the opportunity to participate in forums with other collaborators and network with other organizations.
The members of your team are mostly based in Quebec City but, because of the pandemic and growth through acquisitions, the team is quickly expanding in other regions across Canada.
This permanent position can be in Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver.
Telework is now a part of our habits.
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant university-level training
- Minimum of eight years of experience in project management and information technologies
- Experience in technological infrastructures
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment (asset)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.