Vice- President, Corporate Strategy (Quebec, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Vice President
- Job ID: JR10006754
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Posting end date: 2020-12-16
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Executive Vice-President, Corporate Strategy and Development, you will be responsible for developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining strategic initiatives at iA. As the Vice-President, Corporate Strategy, you will work closely with the Executive Team and their respective units, and will focus on accelerating organization performance through cohesive strategy planning and execution, knowledge management and monitoring of the impact and effectiveness of the strategic plan. You will also be responsible for formalizing the company’s strategic-planning processes, and leading the development of the strategy, translating it for people across functions and business units, and drive organizational change forging new working relationships and synergies across the organization, and establishing greater transparency and accountability for those people carrying out the company’s strategy. Finally, you will have to assess if strategic initiatives, at all levels of the organization, are in line with the company’s standards and objectives.
- Lead the development of the strategic plan/framework for the organization, and the detailed current year operating plan and the medium-term plan, while adhering to direction set by the CEO and Board of Directors. This includes formalizing and leading the strategic planning process, focusing on long term trends and outlook, and competitive intelligence.
- Facilitate the execution of the strategy by working collaboratively with the other Executive Team members and ensure that the strategic actions are completed at various levels to achieve desired results.
- Develop and communicate key strategic messages for internal and external stakeholders – customers, employees, distribution partners, shareholders, industry participants, regulators and the Board of Directors – to make sure that they are clearly understood. With regard to messaging to shareholders, close co-ordination with the Investor Relations team is critical.
- Provide advice to the Executive Committee on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment.
- Engage external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remaining alert and forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the industry.
- Monitor and evaluate assessment of the impact and effectiveness of strategic initiatives; recommend strategic trade-offs if necessary (including but not limited to allocation of capital and human resources)
- Assist in the crafting of the corporate development strategy that is consistent with iA’s vision and growth objectives.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned strategy and corporate development professional with a track record of delivering projects and transactions that have advanced a company’s strategy. Equally important to the level of experience is the poise, professionalism and interpersonal skills that are possessed by the candidate. This individual will combine both strategic planning and execution capabilities with the ability to collaborate and influence across a large organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (business, economics, engineering, legal or another related field) required.
- MBA, CPA, CFA designations are considered an asset.
- At least 10 years of experience in leadership positions in the investment banking, management consulting, or financial services industries in blue-chip organizations.
- Experience leading a strategy development function across a large, complex organization with different business lines.
- Demonstrated success developing and using frameworks and models that have helped organizations assess opportunities in order to identify high-impact strategies.
- Experience in a multi-national setting would be a plus. Knowledge of financial services in both Canada and the U.S. is a must.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.