Disability claims assistant
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 2200, McGill College Avenue
- City: Montreal
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10004843
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
You are motivated by administrative tasks as much as customer service? You are known for your organization skills and you adapt quickly to various working methods? We have a position for you!
Our Group Insurance sector is looking for a Claims Assistant, disability files. As such, you will perform a variety of tasks related to disability claims following a disability, including:
- Obtaining by phone the medical and non-medical information to analyze a new disability claim
- Processing new disability claims
- Processing disability benefits payments
- Communicating the decision to the client, by phone and letter
- Ensuring waiver and permanent disability files are up to date. This task requires authorization requests or medical information requests from the insured as well as doing follow ups until their reception
- Doing follow ups for requests from the Case Managers (for example: medical requests, education and training level form, daily activities questionnaire or extension form).
- RRQ/RPC: doing follow ups on initial requests from Case Managers, such as: receiving, filling and submitting forms and additional information about the benefits amount to Service Canada, receiving the payments from the RPC and calculating the difference.
- Calculating the differences from other benefits sources
- Calculating the retroactive salary revisions
- Providing customer service and doing follow ups given directly from customers related to other tasks mentioned above
- All other related tasks
- College degree and 1 or 2 two years of experience
- Bilingualism is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong client-service orientation
- Organization and priority management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Apply now and join our team to start your career with iA financial Group!
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.