Group Savings and Retirement, Actuarial Services/Permanent/Telework or hybrid/Position start date: As soon as possible
Are you recognized for your people skills, your creativity and your intellectual curiosity? Our openness to innovation will meet your expectations.
On a day-to-day basis, as a Senior Actuarial Advisor, you will have the opportunity to utilize your analytical skills, your teamwork skills, your sense of responsibility, as well as your actuarial judgment skills. You will get to collaborate with various stakeholders in our organization as you work on projects, and these projects will give you opportunities to influence the direction of the business line’s longevity products.
You will primarily be involved in work related to the positioning of our longevity hypotheses to ensure a profitable growth strategy for the business line. You will also make recommendations to ultimately optimize value for the client and for iA, taking into consideration sound risk management.
More specifically, you will have the opportunity to:
- Act as an expert and reference for our positioning on longevity hypotheses in the sector.
- Ensure sound governance of actuarial valuation and pricing models.
- Coordinate the maintenance and the improvement of our predictive models for longevity in collaboration with data analytics teams.
- Coordinate the improvement of our mortality study tools and coordinate the work on our annual study update.
- Evaluate various reinsurance strategies and their impact on longevity.
- Support the underwriting team in positioning our longevity hypotheses for large cases and participate in mortality analyses for these groups.
- Participate in industry surveys and analyze results to identify emerging trends.
- Monitor available information on longevity with various organizations and business partners (e.g., CIA committee, reinsurers, VITA, US studies, etc.)
- Analyze the potential impact of COVID on our studies and on annuitant mortality in the coming years
- Represent the finance team in various strategic mandates for the business line
- Support the finance team on various other projects or processes based on priorities (e.g., process improvements, analysis of financial results, budgeting, risk management, etc.)
As a Senior Actuarial Advisor, you will also act as a reference for your colleagues and actively participate in their development. As a leader on your team, you will also have the opportunity to influence management and business decisions.
Your career path looks like this:
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA)
- Ten years of relevant experience
- Recognized expertise in evaluating actuarial assumptions (in longevity, an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to work with actuarial computer tools
- Good knowledge of AXIS software (asset)
- Good knowledge of the IFRS 17 accounting standard (asset)
- Excellent English and French language skills, both oral and written, due to frequent interactions with English and French-speaking clients across Canada.
You would like to join a dynamic team with a variety of stimulating challenges? Are you seeking a career that lives up to your expectations with opportunities for advancement, all in a friendly environment? Apply now!