- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522 University Avenue
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Other Possible Location(s): Montreal, Quebec; Québec, Quebec
- Job category: Case Management/Rehabilitation Specialist
- Job ID: JR10017328
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
- Apply before: 2023-06-16
As a member of the Group Disability Service Centre’s national team, the incumbent will manage a caseload of Appeal cases. They will also support the Service Centre’s professionals and case managers by providing guidance in managing complex cases and answering questions.
This position is available in Toronto and the incumbent will be responsible for cases in Ontario and Western Canada.
As a Disability specialist, your responsibilities would entail:
- Reviewing appeal requests and supporting the Claims, Life & Disability with respect to these requests
- Managing appeal requests for the appeal board
- Promoting compliance with decision-making best practices
- Providing feedback to Case Managers regarding decisions and best practices
- Sitting on committees, participating in projects and performing other duties as required
- Managing access-to-information requests for the Claims, Life & Disability Department (only applies if cases are in Montreal)
- Liaising and sharing information with our Compliance sector as needed
- Prioritizing and managing operations to ensure service timelines and productivity standards are met
- Managing and following up on files in connection with our right of subrogation
- Responding to formal notices
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree
- At least 5 years of experience in a group insurance disability claims management role
- In-depth knowledge of insurance contracts
- Strong customer service skills
- In-depth knowledge of disability management and related tools
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with basic computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Medical knowledge is an asset
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Excellent english and french language skills, both oral and written, due to frequent interactions with English and French-speaking clients across Canada.
- Completion of LOMA and NIDMAR trainings are considered advantageous
At iA, we invest,
Our employees are our best investment and we have much to offer them.
iA Financial Group is the strength of a company with a human side, with its over 8,000 employees. Together, we have earned the trust of our more than four million clients and 50,000 advisors who have chosen us for their insurance, savings, and wealth management.
With over $200 billion in assets and half a billion invested in technological innovation, we’re a key player in the financial services industry in Canada and the United States. The secret to our success? Investing in you, one person at a time. Because, for over 125 years, we have believed that it’s by supporting our employees and surrounding ourselves with the most reputable leaders in the industry, we will continue to innovate.
At iA, we’re invested in you.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At iA Financial Group, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
Please note that if you need help or assistance to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please contact us here. Someone from our team will be happy to assist you.