Are you constantly concerned about creating value by making the best decisions to generate an optimal return? Do you like developing strategies and being involved in the processes of recommending priorities to the executive committee? Are you a team player, have leadership skills and a keen business acumen? This new opportunity at iA Financial Group will be of interest to you.
Under the responsibility of the Executive Vice-President and Head of the Transformation Office, you will be responsible for managing the life cycle of transformation portfolio initiatives. You will support the transformation office in its initiatives upstream from the execution, through prioritization, the definition of the roadmap and downstream, by monitoring the health of the portfolio and achieving returns . You will ensure the strategic alignment with all sectors of the organization to achieve the transformation objectives .
On your arrival, you will be responsible for implementing an efficient portfolio management approach. You will have to identify and consolidate all projects that have an impact on the strategic objectives of the entire iA Group. You will also participate in building the transformation office team through the contribution of experienced high-level professionals.
Are you interested in writing a major chapter in the transformation of iA Financial Group?
The main responsibilities are:
- Manage the process and support the head of the transformation office in the identification, profitability analysis, selection, prioritization, and planning of initiatives to include in the transformation portfolio in order to ensure alignment with the transformation vision and priorities
- Work in close collaboration with the transformation office program manager to draw up and maintain a complete and integrated program plan
- Identify and monitor the risks and issues related to projects which could have an impact on achieving returns and facilitate decision-making on an executive level in collaboration with the head of the transformation office
- Report on the general health of the transformation initiatives portfolio and the achievement of benefits to the executive committee
- Identify corrective actions and action plans
- Liaise with other iA Financial Group capacity and prioritization committees
- Identify and establish potential synergies with the other Company sectors
- Plan and control the financial, material, and human resources of your department and report to management.
This permanent position in Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver is for you!
It will enable you to provide sound management of your unit’s human and material resources. You will have to encourage your staff’s training and implement conditions that favour the motivation, development, and retention of specialized staff.
- Bachelor of Arts in administration, Master’s in project management, MBA or other relevant same level discipline
- Over 15 years of experience in high-level strategic business management and in varied and transversal contexts
- Experience in portfolio management with several parallel deliveries
- Significant experience in preparing and presenting the profitability analysis related to major projects and in the strategic planning exercise in relation with business strategies
- Confirmed political skill in managing relationships with different stakeholders from all hierarchical levels
- Expertise and ability to get involved in the preparation and presentation of business cases related to major projects
- Experience managing several project teams and managing large-scale (multimillion dollar) projects
- Master Agile, Safe management methods
- Experience and understanding of mechanisms related to the establishment of budgets in large teams
- Capacity to communicate at the executive level
- Excellent work organization skills and ability to steer through ambiguity
- Capacity to innovate in your sector and mobilize employees in change management
- Significant skills in developing human resources in their career progression
- Very good mastery of French and English, both oral and written. Bilingualism will be a major asset.
- Experience and knowledge in general insurance and financial services (a major asset)
- Certifications: SAFe® RTE) and PMI-ACP