Digital Product Manager
Our IA Private Wealth Team is currently undergoing a major digital transformation. Among other things, we are looking to provide an outstanding digital experience to our network of independent Wealth Advisors, Capital Markets team and our clients. To this end, we are looking for a Digital Product Manager (DPM) that will reside in the IT solutions and digital experience team supporting iA Private Wealth's Operations, Compliance, Legal, Finance groups, and the Capital Markets business. You will also collaborate with the client and advisor experience agile pods (as necessary) to bring forward opportunities for the end-to-end experience.
As DPM, you are the conduit between the Technology team and the lines of business. You will establish relationships and work with various stakeholders (Business & Technology) to shape opportunities into small, deliverable work units in line with product priorities. You will actively manage the product backlog along with other specific enhancements and fixes.
- Works in collaboration with Business Owners to define epics, MVPs, and user stories
- Thinks like the Clients and Business Owners to understand business problems, synthesizes opportunities and translates into meaningful epics/stories to add value
- Owns the user experience and product direction for their platform/application
- Acts as the primary business representative to Delivery Pod(s) to connect business and technology
- Empowered to make on-the-spot decisions on scope and requirements
- Responsible for the product backlog, story prioritization and acceptance criteria
- Accountable for business intake, prioritization and adoption
- Works with Scrum Masters, Tech Leads, Developers, and QAs to plan sprints
- Plan and monitor Vendor & Internal Budgets (As required)
- Constantly delivers incremental business value through continuous execution of work
Target profile :
·Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Engineering, or other relevant training/experience at the same level.
·Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) (an asset)
·5-10 years of experience as a product owner or senior business analyst; practical experience working with Agile and LEAN methodologies
·Experience in Financial Services, Wealth Management or Capital Markets industry
·Proven problem solving and analytical skills
·Ability to simultaneously handle several aspects of the same complex situation in the best interest of the internal partner and the organization
·Excellent communicator, speaker and influencer
·Excellent negotiation and advanced conflict resolution skills
·Excellent organizational and time management skills
·High tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty
·Perfect knowledge of English, both orally and in writing – equivalent knowledge for French will be considered a strong asset
·Ability to work in an agile manner and to make decisions
·Expertise in proposing opportunities, evaluating costs and business value
·Act as a high-performing team player on a multidisciplinary team
Locations (s) Montreal or Toronto; currently working from home
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet clients' needs across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group's stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term. With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and it's over 8,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.