American Amicable, an iA American Company, is seeking a positive and organized Licensing and Contracting Specialist to contribute to the successful administration of the contracting and licensing functions. As a Licensing and Contracting Specialist, you will change and maintain agent records, prepare license applications, and submit to state, assist agents in acquiring licenses and build and maintain agent records on LIFE-COMM regarding contract, license, hierarchy, appointment, AML and address. For success in this role, you’ll need to have a love of learning and performing work with a keen eye for the details.
This position is in Waco, TX.
A Day in the Life
Includes the following responsibilities:
- Licenses, appoints, contracts and codes to computer all agents for the company.
- Verifies that all required contracting paperwork is received for new or reinstated agent applicants. Follows-up with applicants or managers if paperwork is incorrect or incomplete.
- Processes commission schedules and address, e-mail, and hierarchy changes.
- Orders checks, deposits checks, and makes accounting entries on LIFE-COMM system to pay all fees associated with appointing or licensing agents.
- Appoints agents with the individual states.
- Researches information about laws, licensing, appointments and contracting on various state insurance department websites and call the departments to obtain necessary information if it is not available on the web site.
- Maintains electronic agent contract files.
- Terminates agent contracts and state appointments.
- Counsels agents on state laws and completion of licensing forms.
- Identifies and properly codes agents to resolve policy application errors.
- Answers questions related to contracts and commissions and assist agents in navigating the company’s websites.
- Conducts Company business in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and contractual obligations. Behaves ethically and with integrity and always follows the principles of the Compliance Program when making business decisions. Compliance with this program is a condition of employment for every American-Amicable employee.
- Other duties may be assigned
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least two years of strong administrative work experience, preferably in a contracting & licensing role within the life insurance industry.
What we offer
- Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, 401k w/ match, PTO, and more!)
- A Human Approach
- Career Advancement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Quality Working Conditions
With values centered around financial integrity, responsible management, a strong commitment to every policy holder, and more than 100 years of life insurance experience, American Amicable is positioned to meet the needs of families now and into the future. The American-Amicable Group of Companies, part of iA American, are headquartered in the historic ALICO Building in Downtown Waco Texas.
iA American is a wholly owned subsidiary of iA Financial Group, one of the largest insurance and wealth management groups in North America. iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.