- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Sales and business development
- Job ID: JR10008527
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-05-21
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Based in the Vancouver or Calgary Group Insurance Sales and Service office, this position reports directly to the Regional Director, Group Insurance Sales, Western Canada. Key requirements of this position include strengthening existing relationships with group insurance advisors, developing new relationships within the group insurance advisor community, and ensuring that growth, persistency, and renewal execution objectives of the assigned block are consistently achieved. Developing the profile of iA Financial Group in the region will be an important aspect of this role.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Achieve new business growth target (in target market of 50+ lives) by developing a personal sales strategy, driving its execution, and monitoring/reporting on results
- Provide account management through “best in class” service to new and in-force clients and their advisors in collaboration with the service team
- Partner with the underwriting team in the preparation of proposals for new business
- Participate in finalist presentations to acquire new clients
- Contribute to block profitability through renewal management and negotiation
- Promote the iA Financial Group brand within the region; identify opportunities to build brand recognition; collaborate with the Regional Director and the group marketing team, where appropriate
- Monitor the competitive environment by gathering input on market pricing, products, services, activities, etc.
- Provide strategic input into product development, administration, client service, underwriting, and pricing
- Comply with corporate business objectives, policies, procedures, and practices
- University degree
- GBA or working towards CEBS designation
- Minimum of 5 years of group insurance experience as an accomplished account executive, benefits advisor and/or group underwriter/analyst
- Excellent understanding of the mid/large case market (50 to 1,000+ lives)
- Established relationships in the advisor community
- Demonstrated ability to develop new relationships
- Self-motivated with a focus on new business development
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Disciplined and well-organized
- Superior presentation skills
Available for regular travel (must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.