Administrative Assistant - Transactions (6 Month Contract)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10004535
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Team Leader, this role will process various transaction requests from our clients. These requests are quite varied, and they are associated with all the events that may occur during the existence of an individual annuity contract (e.g. RRSPs, RESPs, TFSAs lines of credit, non-registered plans, RRIFs and LIFs, etc.) from setting up of the contract to the final termination of the contract due to death or surrender. This position is characterized by frequent periods of intense work and requires overtime during certain periods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing transactions received from clients on a first in first out basis, based on the training received and following pre-established guidelines.
- Ensuring the paperwork received for the transaction is in order and updating the computer/client’s records
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy and productivity
- Ensuring maximum reliability in terms of availability and adherence to deadlines as well as policies and procedures
- Forwarding cases requiring investigation to the Investigator role. May at times, communicate directly with the client by phone or e-mail to obtain the information missing.
- Identifying opportunities and providing viable alternatives and solutions for process improvements
- College degree in financial services plus 1 year of relevant experience
- Customer Service oriented, good communication skills
- Good judgement, autonomy and sense of priorities
- Excellent ability to learn, work under pressure and respond positively
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.