Bilingual (French/English) Customer Service Representative (6 Month Contract)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10004367
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you someone who is motivated by providing excellent customer service and driven by finding solutions to problems? We have an exciting opportunity for client focused administrator to join our close-knit team as a Bilingual Customer Service Representative.
This role supports the administration of the SAL Creditor business and you will be the primary contact to external clients and financial institutions.
This role is an excellent opportunity for students who may have just graduated and are looking to gain some relevant work experience. If you are someone who thrives in a collaborative, team-centered environment, this would be the role for you! We invite you to apply and grow your career with a company that is invested in the development of our employees.
Please note that you must be Bilingual (French/English) to be considered for this role. This role is a temporary assignment for 6 months but there is a great possibility for an extension.
What you will be Doing
1. Customer Service
- Handling queries whether received by telephone, mail/fax, or walk-in.
- Assess customer needs and channel customer request to appropriate teams.
2. Data Processing
New Business Data Entry
- Verify the correct certificate was used and the correct premiums were calculated.
- Determine if the client is already on the system and maintain existing client records
- Follow up with the appropriate dealer/sales representative to resolve where errors have occurred or information is incomplete.
- Generate business correspondence to insureds and/or dealers when additional information is required; coverage needs to be confirmed; an adjustment to coverage needs to be communicated; and certificates are cancelled.
- Process cancellations daily as requests are received and send the refund cheque and letter to the appropriate recipient
- Review cancellations to determine whether for all or partial coverages on the certificate
- Prepare and send any applicable chargeback notification
3. Process Daily Cash Deposit
- Enter all cheques accurately into the group credit system
- Prepare, verify and submit the deposit to accounting before the daily deadline
If you have the following, then we’d like to hear from you:
- Post secondary education as well as prior experience working in a computerized office environment
- Strong decision making skills
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both French and English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
What We Can Offer You
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- 35 hour work week
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Fun social activities
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.