Sales Events Coordinator
- Employer: iA Clarington Investments
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Customer Service and Administrative Support, Marketing and Communications
- Job ID: J0618-1047
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewWe are iA Clarington
And we will be invested in you
As one of Canada’s leading investment management companies, iA Clarington brings clarity, integrity and commitment to a complicated global investment landscape. We believe passionately in the value of active management, the investment products we deliver, and the importance of maintaining unwavering attention to both the big picture and the smallest details. Home to a number of highly respected portfolio management teams, together, we earn the trust of advisors and investors by bringing diverse investment views forward through our broad selection of offerings.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. - Canada’s fourth-largest life and health insurance company - iA Clarington offers a wide range of investment products, including actively managed mutual funds, managed portfolio solutions and socially responsible investments.
Reporting to the National Accounts Manager, the Sales Events Coordinator's primary responsibilities will include:
1. Sales Event Organization
Organizes all events related to Sales activity including internal and external conferences, webcasts and conference calls. Duties include (but not limited to):
- Hotel RFP’s, negotiations and contracts
- arranging signage, AV equipment and materials
- producing and coordinating travel itineraries
- handling any event related trouble shooting issues
2. Event Compliance
Liaises with sales teams and compliance department on all events to ensure necessary forms and conditions are met. This includes external sales conferences and general sales events. Works with the compliance department to ensure that all IA Clarington-sponsored events (including road shows, seminars and conference calls) comply with sales practices regulation and internal compliance policies
3. Portfolio Manager Activities
Liaising with portfolio manager (PM), sales team, fulfillment and external individuals to coordinate and execute all aspects of the company road shows and portfolio manager activity.
4. Reporting and Admin
Supporting the National Accounts team with expenses, dealer reports and ad hoc reports. Working with Fulfillment to ensure marketing material needs are processed.
Working with the Product Group and Compliance to help create and ensure the invitation process is timely and compliant for external portfolio manager presentations.
- Industry experience an asset. Event coordination experience preferred.
- Must have strong administration skills.
- Exposure to sales practices rules an asset.
- Able to manage multiple projects, coordinating activity with many different individuals.
- Strong ability to deal with challenging demands and time pressures with a commitment to absolute details.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and written instruction
Special Working Conditions
• Flexible work schedule to accommodate events after hours, etc.
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.