IT support technician, level 1
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Brossard
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: J0218-1082
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Do you want to serve your clients well? Are you recognized for your problem-solving abilities? Join the iA Financial Group IT Service Desk team, where you will have the opportunity to innovate, learn and grow.
In a large-scale technological environment, you will troubleshoot and provide assistance to the company’s employees regarding key software, equipment and business applications. You will diagnose issues for the requests assigned to you as they relate to the impact on the user. You will identify causes and ensure the appropriate action is taken to resolve them. You will handle service requests for IT projects.
Your main duties will include:
- Answering first-line questions from clients
- Handling requests for assistance
- Making diagnoses and prioritizing subsequent actions
- Identifying the causes of problems encountered and making sure the necessary action is taken to resolve them
- Approaching the appropriate support teams or consult to obtaining the answer to resolve the problem
- Checking on the progress of solutions to respect service timelines and follow up with users
- Applying the escalation process as needed
- Responding to requests from IT projects that range from simple to medium in complexity (setting up and clone servers, DNS, DHCP, databases, stocking, SharePoint, Exchange)
- Carrying out practical mandates that are medium in complexity outside of the call centre as part of current operations (support, IT requests) and the improvement of the team’s methods
Be part of a team that values customer service, the sharing of knowledge and cooperation by innovating its methods!
Please note that this permanent position is located at our new Brossard office!
- Collegial diploma in computer science
- Advanced English and French (oral, written)
- Two years of experience in computer science, telephone troubleshooting and customer service
- Excellent knowledge of office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), PC, Windows, printers, telephones and networks
- Basic knowledge of information technologies (networks, servers, stocking, databases, Microsoft Exchange and VMware)
- Basic knowledge of programming (asset)
Join a team that gives itself the means to fulfill its ambitions!
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.