Why is life insurance important?
- It covers your financial commitments.
- It allows your family to maintain their standard of living.
- It covers death-related expenses.
- It allows you to leave a legacy.
- It ensures business continuity.
- It completes life insurance coverage offered through your employer.
DID YOU KNOW?
- You are never too young to buy life insurance, since the younger you are, the lower the cost of your premium, no matter what type of coverage you choose.
- You can always re-evaluate which type of insurance is right for you to ensure you are properly covered.
We offer 4 types of life insurance to meet your needs
Universal life insurance
A combination of permanent life insurance and savings
Offers you lifetime coverage and the opportunity to save with certain tax benefits.
It's the ideal solution if:
- You would like to leave a significant inheritance
- You have contributed the maximum amount to your RRSP and your TFSA
- You would like to protect the value of your company
Compare the different kinds of life insurance we offer
|Coverage term||10 to 40 years||For life||For life||For life|
What is life insurance and how does it work?
Life insurance is a tax-free amount paid in case of death that may include a cash surrunder value depending on the type of product.
The insured person chooses the type of product, the amount of insurance and the duration of payment according to their age, sex and health status and in the event of death, the insurance benefit is paid to the beneficiary they have chosen.
What is permanent life insurance?
This is life insurance that allows payment of the face amount in case of death. This type of insurance differs from term insurance in that it has additional guarantees such as a surrender value and paid-up insurance.
Is life insurance taxable in Canada?
The death benefit is not taxable but the surrender value might be in the event of withdrawal.
How much does life insurance cost per month in Canada?
It depends on the type of coverage as well as the insured's age at issue, sex, smoking status and health status.
Is life insurance worth it in Canada?
Yes it is worthy. It can serve for estate planning, income replacement, final expense, inheritance and paying debt.
At what age should you buy life insurance?
At any age before the limit for the life insurance product, but earlier is better in terms of cost and also for insurance eligibility (health status).
How long until life insurance pays out?
Life insurance pays out at the death of the insured.
What types of deaths does life insurance not cover?
Life insurance will not cover suicide within 2 years.
Does life insurance pay for funeral expenses?
No, but the tax-free amount can be used to pay for funeral expenses.
What happens if someone dies shortly after getting life insurance?
The death benefit will be paid, except in the case of suicide.
Can you use your life insurance while alive?
Yes, the surrender value can be used at any time but taxes may apply.
Is your spouse automatically your beneficiary for life insurance?
No, the beneficiary has to be designated. If there is no beneficiary designated, the amount goes to the legal heirs.