Collision and upset

Optional coverage that may be required if your vehicle is financed (by your financial institution) or leased (by your lessor).

iA Auto and Home offers comprehensive car insurance coverage for damages caused to your vehicle in certain types of collision, rollover or if you are the victim of a hit and run.

You can choose whichever deductible suits your needs: $250, $500 or $1,000.

Collision and Upset coverage applies to the following cases:

  • Collision with another vehicle
  • Collision with the ground or an object
  • Collision with an animal or person
  • Rollover
  • Hit-and-run

Collision or upset coverage is not mandatory. However, it’s a must if you want to be covered for damage to your vehicle in an at-fault accident, whether a collision or a rollover.

What is covered under Collision and Upset coverage?
It covers repair or replacement costs as the result of damage to your vehicle, based on the its value on the day of the accident.

Some examples:

  • Your car skids and flips over as you just miss an animal crossing the road in front of you.
  • The car in front of you brakes suddenly and you can't stop your vehicle in time before rear-ending the other car, causing damage to your vehicle.
  • Your neighbour’s vehicle is parked in the street in front of her house. While backing out of your driveway, you unfortunately hit her car door, also damaging your vehicle.
  • You go do some errands and when you get back to your vehicle, you notice that someone hit it and the rear bumper has been damaged.

Theft, fire, vandalism, glass breakage and weather-related damage are covered by the All perils except collision and upset coverage.

Apply online


Our auto insurance is available only to Quebec residents.