arrow_backHome insurance


Insure your building at a competitive price

Stack up the discounts and save!*

Average savings of $565**

Bundling discount

Bundle your auto, home and recreational vehicle insurance and save even more.

Up to 10% off

Exclusive discounts for iA clients

Get an additional discount if you have other products with iA Financial Group such as life, disability or critical illness insurance products, savings products, etc.

Even more savings!

Other discounts

Other discounts available: zero claims, mortgage-free, etc.

Why insurance for rental property owners?

As a rental property owner, you owe it to yourself to protect this asset, which is not only a source of income but also a long-term investment. Protect your property with our specially designed insurance for building owners.

You could benefit from coverage against damage to your building in the event of a claim, as well as compensation for any resulting loss of income with the addition of Rental Value coverage.

Example: A pipe breaks in your triplex and causes major water damage to the basement apartment, which will be uninhabitable until repairs are made.

Coverage designed for you

Basic Coverage


Civil liability

Civil liability coverage is strongly recommended. It covers harm that you may unintentionally cause to others.

Example: A delivery driver is injured when they slip on your building entrance’s icy steps.


Specified perils

We cover your property against the risks listed in the insurance contract, including fire, theft and vandalism.

Note that while we don’t cover your tenants’ belongings, we do cover yours if you have any. If so, it’s important to let us know. Examples would include appliances in a semi-furnished apartment, maintenance equipment stored in the basement of the building, etc.



This coverage provides protection against risks beyond those covered under Specified Perils. It is our most comprehensive coverage for an income property, as certain protections are enhanced, particularly those relating to the residential building.

It also provides you with access to more comprehensive options regarding risks such as water damage.

What it covers:

  • Residential building and any permanent equipment inside, such as a heat pump, for example.
  • Outbuildings: This refers to any additional structure that is not physically attached to the dwelling and that is permanently installed on the insured premises. Examples: shed, garage.

Additional Coverage Options

Water damage

Did you know that water damage accounts for nearly half of all home insurance claims in Quebec? That's why it's important to have good coverage and to know how to prevent water damage.

Groundwater and sewer

No more worrying about sewer backups with this coverage for your belongings against accidental water damage as a result of:

  • Water seeping through your foundation
  • A broken or malfunctioning sump pump

Our flexible coverage is among the best on the market. You can tailor the coverage to your personal needs.

Above-ground water

This coverage protects you against water damage caused by sudden, accidental water leakage through the roof, doors, windows, etc.

Rental value

This option protects your rental income. We cover the loss of rental income when, as a result of a covered loss, the building becomes completely or partially unusable. This coverage applies while the premises are being refurbished, for a maximum of 12 months.

Water inlet

This coverage pays the costs of demolition and repair to fix a water inlet. It’s a low cost option compared to the expense of repairing water damage. Read this article for all the details.

Fuel oil overflow or leaks

This option covers damage to the building and insured property caused by an accidental leak or overflow from an oil tank, a pipe to the furnace or connected system components. Decontamination is included in the coverage.


This option covers damage caused by an earthquake and any subsequent damage, like water seeping through a window that was damaged during the quake.

Even though major earthquakes are rare in Quebec, there are hundreds of small tremors in eastern Canada every year. Read this article to learn how to protect yourself in an earthquake

Quick and easy claims!

When damages happen, we're here to help. Count on our expert advice and assistance for your home insurance claims.

  • 24/7 claims service
  • Reassuring and immediate support
  • One of the fastest post-accident reimbursement times on the market
Make a claim

Bundling your insurance with iA Auto and Home pays off!

Save money on your car!

Learn more about auto insurance

Save money on your recreational vehicle!

Learn about recreational vehicle insurance

* Certain conditions apply. Subject to change without notice.

** Information collected between July 1, 2023 and December 20, 2023, from 352 new clients who purchased a new auto insurance policy covering at least one vehicle and a new home insurance policy with iA Auto and Home. This amount represents the average savings stated by the clients and is not a guarantee.

Living outside Quebec?

Our auto and home insurance products are offered only in the province of Quebec.
Our partner Surex can help you with your auto and home insurance needs in your region.

Learn more

Get a quoteopen_in_new surex