Director, Information Security Advisory Services
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 2200 McGill College Avenue
- Location: Montreal, Quebec
- Other Possible Location(s): Québec, Quebec
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10016368
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2023-03-31
Permanent management position / Quebec City/Montreal / Hybrid
iA Financial Group is looking for a Director, Information Security Advisory Services to work within the security services delivery department.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a multidisciplinary security project advisory services team whose job is to support iA’s business units, IT solutions and the delivery teams of designated services. Security project advising covers the planning and implementation of security solutions that are both based on operational needs and compliant with overall security strategy and architecture. You will, in collaboration with other stakeholders, develop processes to actively thwart attempts to delay or interrupt the company’s objectives
Roles and responsibilities
- Supervise and be a resource for all activities regarding information security advisory services throughout the organization
- Direct a team of highly competent and motivated information security service advisors by drawing from your wide multidisciplinary experience
- Ensure the growth and improve the performance of the information security advisory services function within the company
- Assess and make recommendations to refine the security process for the development and lifecycle of our systems, with the goal of promoting safe and consistent coding practices across the organization
- Delegate technical experts to help implement cloud computing security solutions and plan the safe integration of systems from other units or from subsidiaries of businesses purchased after a merger or acquisition
- Devise strategies for implementing technical controls and software, new material features or updates that adhere to security policies and legal, regulatory and audit requirements
- Communicate to senior management any risk or problem related to technological solutions or designs that is likely to interfere with project implementation
- Ensure that the information security advisory services team collaborates with the corporate architecture team to guarantee the convergence of operational, technical and security needs
This permanent position is located in Quebec City or Montreal.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in information technology, computer sciences, engineering or business administration (or equivalent)
- At least ten (10) years experience in the information security sector and proven skills related to project security advisory services, including five (5) years in a management position for a large company or an insurance and financial services company
- Experience directing managers
- Broad experience in the creation and implementation of solutions in at least three of the six following fields: network security engineering, data security, content creation for information management systems and security events, design and acquisition of secure applications, platform and cloud computing security
- Solid understanding of risk management, cyberstrategy and other general security concepts
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and use good judgment when considering problems and operational risks in a dynamic environment
- The excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop high-performance teams and to constantly improve overall security
- Natural ability to create a culture of cooperation and curiosity, to present accurate project estimates and to effectively mediate multiple points of view
- Excellent command of French and English (oral and written) for frequent interaction with internal and external French- and English-speaking clients, colleagues or partners across Canada and the United States
- The following technical certifications are considered significant assets: Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Cloud Architect and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Your iA benefits:
- Base salary and organizational bonus
- Group insurance
- Defined-benefit pension plan
- Share purchase plan
- Flexible vacation days
- Flexible working hours and remote work (35 hours/week)
- Career planning and training
Are you up for the job? Apply now and/or contact me on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurenceamat/
At iA, we invest,
Our employees are our best investment and we have much to offer them.
iA Financial Group is the strength of a company with a human side, with its over 8,000 employees. Together, we have earned the trust of our more than four million clients and 50,000 advisors who have chosen us for their insurance, savings, and wealth management.
With over $200 billion in assets and half a billion invested in technological innovation, we’re a key player in the financial services industry in Canada and the United States. The secret to our success? Investing in you, one person at a time. Because, for over 125 years, we have believed that it’s by supporting our employees and surrounding ourselves with the most reputable leaders in the industry, we will continue to innovate.
At iA, we’re invested in you.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At iA Financial Group, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
Please note that if you need help or assistance to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please contact us here. Someone from our team will be happy to assist you.