- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- Location: Québec, Quebec
- Other Possible Location(s): Montreal, Quebec
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10016235
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2023-04-10
The IT Delivery Center of Excellence is a team in charge of supporting the organization's IT on the delivery cycle as well as coaching and expertise in Agility, QA and DevOps.
The team is responsible for the organization's DevOps strategy and as such must ensure the definition and deployment of the tools, automation, team culture and improvement processes. In this context, the architect will support the Center of Excellence in all its missions in close collaboration with Enterprise Architecture, Security, Governance and our internal customers.
- Translate requirements into solutions and ensure delivery in accordance with the design for all aspects (architecture lead):
- System - functional and non-functional requirements, development, component selection and reuse, integration;
- Technological - technical and non-functional requirements, use of new design approaches (e.g. cloud, mobility), security, performance, availability;
- Organizational - processes, change management, requirements (functional specifications), legal and regulatory obligations.
- Provide governance leadership for solution reviews and propose, review and approve architecture decisions in accordance with enterprise frameworks.
- Ensure solution integration and linkages with affected ecosystems to minimize potential problems and, when likely or unavoidable, propose pragmatic workarounds.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of the solution - from design to delivery (end-to-end) - including in-process supervision and validation of requirements against test results.
- Provide multi-disciplinary leadership to the solution delivery team (designers, analysts, developers, etc.) and peripheral collaborators, including external suppliers.
- Collaborate to ensure project success including acting to facilitate schedule, scope and budget management.
- Maintain traceability of architectural decisions, certify technical project documents and verify the updating of permanent documentation affected by the work.
- Ensure the application of the methodological approach and the architecture process in effect within the organization.
- With the support of and in collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture team, in order to preserve corporate alignments, participate in the evolution and ensure compliance with: prescriptive guidelines on enterprise frameworks, processes, use of standardized tools, standards and other architectural methods sanctioned by the Enterprise Architecture. If necessary, submit a waiver request for exceptions.
- Act as an application manager within the enterprise repository to ensure that it is up to date and that the information on the applications and technologies under his/her responsibility is accurate, in collaboration with the application portfolio manager.
- Performs constant monitoring of architecture trends that comply with the company's norms and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business computing, information systems, computer or software engineering, mathematics or any other relevant training at the same level.
- 12 years of experience in information technology and a minimum of 7 years as an architecture professional in various projects and large organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership of multi-disciplinary teams of internal and external resources.
- Ability to deal with multiple dimensions of a complex project simultaneously.
- Excellent communicator and popularizer.
- Excellent negotiation skills and advanced conflict resolution skills.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity, uncertainty and frequent change.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, etc.)
- Experience designing high volume, high availability applications and systems.
- Good knowledge/understanding of key strategic IT technologies.
- Experience working with SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), DevOps, Agile methodologies, MVP, LEAN and ITIL.
- Proven knowledge of the financial services and insurance industry will be considered an asset.
- Experience in digital transformation and large scale projects will be considered an asset.
- Mastery of Cloud environments, in particular Microsoft
- Multiple experiences in DevOps environments. Participation in a Devops transformation is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the SDLC and tools for automation
- Very good knowledge of Azure DevOps: Backlog, deployment, pipeline
- Experience with Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes, Git
- Experience in software delivery
- Good knowledge of code management tools (SonarCloud type), load testing tools, test automation scripts
At iA, we invest,
Our employees are our best investment and we have much to offer them.
iA Financial Group is the strength of a company with a human side, with its over 8,000 employees. Together, we have earned the trust of our more than four million clients and 50,000 advisors who have chosen us for their insurance, savings, and wealth management.
With over $200 billion in assets and half a billion invested in technological innovation, we’re a key player in the financial services industry in Canada and the United States. The secret to our success? Investing in you, one person at a time. Because, for over 125 years, we have believed that it’s by supporting our employees and surrounding ourselves with the most reputable leaders in the industry, we will continue to innovate.
At iA, we’re invested in you.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At iA Financial Group, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
Please note that if you need help or assistance to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please contact us here. Someone from our team will be happy to assist you.