Dealer Services / Vancouver / Toronto / Telework
A division of iA Financial Group, Dealer Services distributes creditor insurance and after-market property & casualty (P&C) products to motor vehicle dealer clients.
The Product Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Dealer Services Marketing Department with implementation of new initiatives and marketing programs including coordination with P&C and creditor insurance product portfolios. In addition to supporting the development of programs including creation of point-of-sale material and implementation to the field, the dynamic, multitasking incumbent will also support marketing initiatives as they relate to advertising, editorials, brand awareness and award programs, as assigned by the Marketing Director.
Product Marketing, Creditor Insurance and P&C Products:
- Assist in supporting the creditor and P&C product portfolio with such elements as rate tables, forms, product and policy manuals, presentation & training materials, brochures and point of sale items;
- Monitor competitors, gather and analyze competitive product offerings to identify the division's strengths and weaknesses;
- Effectively and efficiently track creditor competition and Dealer Services creditor and P&C products in comparison with the Dealer Services product line;
- Work with stakeholders to determine product and system requirements utilizing the Agile methodology.
Company and Training Materials:
- Ensure documentation of product forms, contracts manuals, agreements and product training material is consistent with the Dealer Services brand - includes assisting the field in proofing and formatting PowerPoint presentations, training binders, newsletters, organizational charts and corporate material for proposals as required;
- Assist in translation of all forms, policies, communications, materials.
Advertising and PR:
- Assist in the implementation of annual advertising and editorial calendar – seeking out editorial opportunities, researching topics, and proofing and formatting copy on behalf of the sales staff.
- Administers, coordinates and communicates the program for extended warranty sales contests - includes consulting with the EW Product Head to determine the regional sales contest, creation of marketing collateral, distribution and communication of contest rules.
Product / Industry Knowledge:
- Maintain intermediate-level understanding of all Dealer Services products. Keep informed of new developments in the insurance, finance, and vehicle marketplaces as well as marketing techniques through publications and contacts :
- Assist Specialist, Product development manager and/or Marketing Director in product development projects;
- Assist in updating and documenting the dealer services pollicy and forms catelogue and update the content library (SiteCore) and the internal directory (LAN) to ensure cross division access. Monitoring of the group email box. Maintain Competitive access database. Assist in fullfillment and distribution of certificates, forms and POS with sales regions, partners including dealer groups and OEMs;
- Monitor the department group email box, answer sales field and stakeholder department product inquiries;
- Assist in compiling information to annual Financial Insitution product submissions;
- Manage policy and form updates and revisions.
The incumbent will often face situations requiring sound judgement, immediate action and solutions driven thinking, in response to business development requirements. The incumbent must have strong interpersonal skills including the ability to understand, work with and influence others. The incumbent must plan his/her time effectively to meet deadlines that will generate results in the division.
This position will actively participate in tracking and analyzing data, competitive analysis, market research projects, coordinating internal staff and external suppliers, supporting - in consultation with stakeholders – the implementation of new marketing and sales programs relating to creditor insurance and P&C products, and the overall Dealer Services brand.
- University degree in marketing or a related discipline
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a marketing role
- Industry experience is an asset - experience with creditor insurance, service contracts, general insurance
- Understanding of design, advertising, promotion and presentation, as well as print production processes
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Exceptional organizational skills