The Senior Director, RAR, is an integral part of the Risk Management and Compliance Group (RMCG) leadership team and reports to the Executive Vice-President and Chief Risk Officer (CRO). In this role, the Senior Director works in close collaboration with the CRO to align the RAR team’s initiatives with the RMCG’s overall strategic orientation and that of the company, while ensuring that the initiatives are aligned with the organization’s priorities.
As Senior Director, you will provide strategic and operational leadership and work with other leaders to ensure the coordination, implementation and optimization of the following activities: Establish the framework and the appetite and tolerance for risk statement for the iA Group, as well as the target and operating capital ratios for the iA Group, in line with the organization’s risk measures.
- Develop an internal risk measure (economic vision of risk) aggregated to the iA Group level, in respect of best practices and collaborate in its integration in the organization’s decision-making processes.
- Coordinate the running of the ORSA process and stress test and ensure that they run efficiently. Develop the required risk measures, analyze the results, present the organization’s risk profile and draft the ORSA report.
- Validate the different templates used within the iA Group in collaboration with each sector. Issue recommendations as needed to mitigate the risk of these templates. Follow-up on these recommendations. Advise the different iA Group sectors on the management of the risk template. Develop an inventory of risks in order to classify the templates according to their specific risk.
- Feed and coordinate the CRO accountability process with the stakeholders (executive committee, risk management executive committee, board of directors and its committees, regulatory authorities and prudential supervision).
- Establish the integrated risk management policy, in addition to the policies and directives related to managing the risk template.
- Ensure that the work done by the team respects the orientations stipulated in the guidelines published by the regulatory authorities and legal organizations.
- Represent iA during communications with the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) and other regulatory entities as needed, on subjects that are under the team’s responsibility. Process the recommendations received from the AMF, propose action plans to respond and follow-up on them and respect the deadline.
In terms of your role as manager and leader of the team’s resources:
- Train and direct members of your team to support the various business needs
- Monitor the performance (security, suppliers, financial data, health of projects, production and compliance environment) of the delivery of solutions under your responsibility and guarantee the availability of financial, material and human resources to ensure the fulfilment of engagements.
- Control and respect processes, norms and standards in effect at iA Financial Group, and see to the improvement of your team’s work methods.
- Plan and control your team’s financial, material and human resources and provide this information to management.
Experience and knowledge required
- 5 years of experience managing experts and analytical profiles (analysts and advisors)
- 10 years of experience in risk management in a regulated financial institution and excellent knowledge of the field of risk management
- Good knowledge of financial and insurance risks
- Good knowledge of iA insurance products and financial products an asset
- Good knowledge of iA’s business and corporate sectors an asset
- Actuarial certification a prerequisite
- Experience in the financial or insurance industry preferable.
- Strong skills in developing and maintaining efficient business relationships with the various organizational levels in a spirit of cooperation
- Proactive in the identification of present and future needs
- Ability to quickly understand strategic issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and influence capabilities
- Bilingual (oral and written)
This opportunity is currently available for 100% telework. After the pandemic, iA will offer a hybrid work schedule to its employees and our physical offices will be accessible, according to the policy established by the organization (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver). iA aims to offer the work environment option that best suits its employees, either at the office or at home.
- Bachelor of Arts in actuarial or Master’s in a related field (finance)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) an asset
- FCIA title an asset