Invest in yourself. It happens here! Join us as a Sr. Product Development Specialist. You’ll focus on reviewing organizational legal documents or contracts while following the established product development process. You’ll work closely with your leader, the Product Development Manager, to move these products forward. This position can work remotely in the United States.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT – 70%
• Drafts, edits, and finalizes legal documents (“products”), such as vehicle service contracts (extended warranties), vehicle protection products, limited warranties, and Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) programs, utilizing the steps outlined in the product development process.
• Understands the legal, technical, and commercial requirements that differentiate products, and develops a knowledge of various assets that may be covered such as automobiles, RVs, powersports, trucks, and homes.
• Research competitive products determine the competitive advantage and sustainability of prospective products.
• Identifies trends within the industry and collects and analyzes data to inform creation of products.
• Reads supporting technical documentation related to automotive systems and components to determine appropriate coverages for products.
• Determines appropriate coverages for all products.
• Ensures products meet state and lender compliance guidelines.
• Crafts documentation with diverse audiences in mind, such as consumers, insurance regulators, technicians, insurance agents, claims agents, and finance personnel.
• Verifies that form style, design, layout, and verbiage of all products meet departmental and compliance standards.
• Drafts, edits, and finalizes internal communications such as product release announcements, product summaries, product comparisons, and any other supplemental documentation as required by other departments such as Claims and Marketing.
• Proofreads and edits brochures and other marketing materials to ensure consistency.
• Uses project management software to track development of all projects from planning stages to completion.
• Coordinates with Client Services department and IT to ensure product is tested for correct functionality and configuration within the proprietary software system.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications and acknowledging best-in-class practices.
MANAGING PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PROCESSES– 20%
• Advises Product Development Manager and Vice President of Product Development regarding the direction and status of projects.
• Conducts research and collects and analyzes data related to long-term development of projects.
• Advises clients, product development specialists, and any other relevant staff regarding product development and deployment timelines and milestones.
• Collaborates with clients throughout the product development process regarding the development and implementation of new products.
• Reviews documents created by Product Development Specialists for clarity and consistency.
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT – 10%
• Maintains supporting documents such as form templates, standard operating procedures, reference documents, tracking logs, and training materials.
• Responds to requests from document management systems partners regarding form entitlement for producers.
• Answers any questions related to products and document fulfillment/entitlement.
• Enters product data into proprietary database system.
• Advises members of the Shipping and Receiving Department regarding the management of inventory and use of forms in dealerships.
• Advises members of Compliance when responding to state and lender inquiries.
• Informs Client Services of new products and provides them with any requested supplemental documents, such as product comparisons and product summaries.
• Participates in departmental and interdepartmental meetings to stay informed -- and keep members of other departments informed -- regarding project developments and timelines.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelors’ degree, preferably in Humanities or a related field, or the equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
• At least two years of experience in product development, with a focus on legal, business, or technical writing.
• Experience within the automotive industry is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Exceptional reading comprehension, writing, editing, and communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills, with an understanding of how to delegate duties and tasks to product development specialists.
• Ability to think critically and creatively.
• Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
• Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Basic knowledge of automotive repair and auto dealer service industry.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Able to follow instructions and work through tasks efficiently, while also seeking guidance.
• Outstanding decision-making ability.
• Ability to learn new processes quickly.
• Ability to conduct research in a variety of different fields, such as legal, technical, and business.
• Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple deadline-driven projects.
• Ability to see how project outcomes fit onto long-term strategic business goals.
• Ability to understand and adapt to organizational change.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, 401K w/ match, PTO, and more!)
• A Human Approach
• Career Advancement
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Quality Working Conditions
iA American is a wholly owned subsidiary of iA Financial Group, one of the largest insurance and wealth management groups in North America. In the last few years, iA American has been thoughtfully built by iA Financial Group through the acquisition of Innovative Aftermarket Systems (IAS), SouthwestRe, and Dealers Assurance Company (DAC). Our suite of products and services includes automotive protection packages, reinsurance options, dealer support, direct-to-consumer products, and in-house administration.