Senior Bilingual Client Service Representative
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10007864
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-05-14
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The incumbent for this position will be reporting to the Team Lead, Client Service is the iA Special Markets division. The incumbent is responsible for responding in both English and French to a varying complexity of telephone queries as well as email and written queries from clients, brokers and policyholders with regards to group term insurance products. As the Senior Client Service Representative, the role encompasses leadership responsibilities such as training, taking on projects and supporting the Team Lead as needed. He/she is responsible for maintenance of client records and processing change requests as well as for French translation and review of documents and marketing materials in both English and French. In addition, he/she serves as a bridge between junior members of the team and the Team Lead/Manager assisting with training, process changes and implementation of projects.
TEAMWORK / LEADERSHIP – 30%
• Assist manager with creating, updating training material and carrying out training for team members and others from the division as needed
• Liaise with members within the team and across other teams to resolve client concerns
• Inspire, challenge and motivate more junior team members; encourage feedback and participation in problem solving and in meeting agreed upon objectives.
• Play a key role in continuous analysis of set procedures and guidelines and provide suggestions for improvement / Identify key issues and escalate to Team Lead/Manager
• Assist with distribution of work items and be cognizant of incomplete items
• Proactively identify challenges or potential issues with new or existing clients/groups and suggest solutions
CLIENT SERVICE – 50%
• Effectively and efficiently respond to incoming telephone calls as first line resource to client queries (Clients include applicants, existing insureds, HR Benefit Administrators of employer groups, policyholders, brokers, third party administrators and consultants.)
• Resolve client complaints by investigating client history against any contractual provisions and or billing history and determining appropriate course of action to rectify/respond.
• Determine which queries/issues/complaints should be referred to Team Lead/Manager and follow through on any agreed upon course of action to ensure excellent client service
• For product lines such as Term Life, Critical Illness, and AD&D, increase promotional effectiveness for the launch of new products, acquisition of new groups and execution of Direct Marketing Campaigns by delivering personalized client assistance in response to marketing efforts with a focus on business acquisition and retention; service other product lines such as Office Overhead, LTD, and Extended Health and Dental insurance
• Translate documents /emails received in French into English (where required)
• Review Marketing communication and website content to ensure accuracy.
ADMINISTRATION – 20%
• Provide oversight and assistance to the Administration support team member
• Authorize certain processes within pre-established limits
• Email (or mail if requested) application and change request forms to clients as needed
• Process beneficiary changes, coverage reduction and termination requests in accordance with contract
• Track new addresses for any Returned Mail
• Mail Certificates to clients following coverage changes along with letters of explanation.
• Provide written responses to client emails/ written queries
• Post-secondary education; Insurance industry courses (LOMA or CEBS preferred)
• 4 – 5 years industry-related experience or in high volume customer service environment
• Detailed knowledge of group insurance benefits and marketplace including contractual provisions
• Ability to identify process improvements
• Excellent Bilingual (French and English) verbal and written communication skills
• Previous leadership experience is an asset
• Knowledge of all iA Special Markets products is an asset but can be gained on the job; must be a fast and independent learner
• Excellent client relation skills; experience working in Sales and or call centre environment (preferably in insurance sector) would be an asset
• Good self-management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Good analyzing, decision making problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Sense of urgency (prioritization and time management)
• Strong team player; willing to work well with and guide co-workers as required
• Basic PC skills including MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook (applications used within the department such as CLASS and AMS and/or Interest in new technology/software is an asset)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.