Bilingual (French/English) Client Service Administrator (12-month contract)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0718-1180
- Job type: Temporary full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Administration, the incumbent is responsible for administering client insurance records and providing client service and support for Special Markets Solutions Head Office administered groups.
This includes processing applications, processing client change requests, providing and responding to client inquiries through telephone and written communication, bill run coordination and distribution for all H.O. administered groups.
The incumbent requires a sound knowledge of Special Markets Solutions administrative processes, products and contractual provisions, and must be well versed in insurance regulations, company rules and guidelines.
The CSA must interact regularly with various team members, other departments and medical providers in order to ensure that applications and clients requests for information are handled efficiently and effectively. In addition, the incumbent must be proficient in multiple administrative systems, and be well organized in order to process all work in accordance with the various billing cutoffs. Key responsibilities include:
- Process client applications for insurance, while adhering to the department standards in terms of processing timeframes as well as the applicable group policy and product underwriting rules and administrative procedures.
- Includes screening applications for applicable eligibility criteria and missing information; determining and ordering the applicable medical requirements and/or lifestyle questionnaires based on product, age and amount of insurance requested or client responses to the medical questions on the application; requesting and following up on outstanding administration or medical requirements; approving or declining applications that fall within defined criteria; preparing and forwarding approval and decline letters to applicants, policyholders, TPA's as applicable, incorporating Underwriter instructions and decisions as appropriate; keying approved applicant information on CLASS to facilitate administration of the insured records; ensuring that applicant file is complete and in order in preparation for Imaging.
Bill Run Coordination and Distribution:
- Review all invoices generated during two monthly bill runs for accuracy, and forward all bills together with applicable Group Insurance Certificates, Insurance Benefits Summaries, Record Cards, refund cheques to insureds, policyholders, TPA's etc as applicable. Make corrections and create /forward any cover letters as applicable.
- During large affinity group renewal months, coordinate bill distribution with the Marketing team to ensure that the appropriate Marketing materials are sent to the mail house.
Maintain Client Insurance Records:
- Process client change requests in accordance with established procedures and/or unique group policy administrative requirements and within the department processing timeframes. Examples include: name and address changes; requests for benefit reduction/termination or reinstatement,; beneficiary changes; conversion requests etc.
- Includes updating CLASS records and creating/sending client correspondence as applicable.
- Acting as the backup to the Client Specialists, be responsive to client phone calls during peak call volume timeframes, Client Specialist vacations and other absences .
- Includes providing explanations, giving personalized information, solving problems, analysing accounts, resolving complaints related to group policy terms and conditions, product provisions, administrative processes, claims and/or underwriting issues, the status of applications etc.
- Create/send client correspondence as applicable.
- Assistance in the preparation of Direct Marketing Campaign specific procedure documentation
- Provide validation of insurance records relating to Special Markets Solutions claims for H.O. Administered groups; monthly audit of Special Markets Solutions claims records
- Monthly review and actioning of items on CLASS Age Limit, Exceptions Reports etc. within the required timeframes.
- Prepare and forward insured extract details for specific external clients on a monthly basis, in accordance with the established procedures and by the applicable deadline.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- High school graduate supplemented by post secondary business courses/program;
- Minimum of two to three years office experience in a computerized environment, preferably in the financial services industry;
- Group insurance knowledge is preferable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills (Mainframe and PC applications including Internet browsing). Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is required; minimum 50 wpm typing skills
- Previous customer service experience an asset;
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills and ability to handle a wide range of diverse tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong team player, able to work with a diverse group of people;
- Successful completion of LOMA, ACS designation or willingness to complete required courses within the first two to three years of employment;
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both written and verbal .
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.