Web Developer, Digital Marketing, iA Wealth
Temporary, full-time - 18 months with extension opportunities
The Web Developer, Digital Marketing plays an important role in ensuring we provide top-tier digital experiences for our stakeholders. The individual is a member of the iA Wealth Marketing & Communications Department and a key contributor in achieving our organization’s long-term digital vision. The Web Developer, Digital Marketing is responsible for optimizing our content on our digital marketing channels. Reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, The Web Developer, Digital Marketing is responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders and ensuring digital best practices for content are adhered to and recommended (i.e. SEO optimized and AODA compliant content), compelling visual formats and providing metrics for digital marketing campaigns.
What you will do
Develop, maintain and monitor website/mobile development, email marketing, digital assets and social media resources, adhering to strategic guidelines and budget requirements. (60%)
- Build, validate and maintain web pages, templates and emails from created or supplied PSD or wireframe layouts using clean, lightweight, semantic code that adheres to current Web Standards;
- Collaborate with design team on UX and UI
- Formatting, testing and posting content generated by others in a timely and efficient manner, following editorial review and approval processes via the companies marketing resource management tool DaVinci Workgroups.
- Assist in the conception, automation, development, and management of various digital channels, new media projects, and new website development as well as emerging technologies.
- Ensuring SEO best practices are adhered to when assessing content and content strategies
- Monitoring and analyzing web and social media channels.
- Documenting functional and design requirements, as appropriate.
- Documenting process and standards
- Provide general support related to digital marketing operations
- Through metrics and reporting ensuring that iA Wealth’s online channels are as efficient and effective as possible.
- Staying abreast of industry standards for email, web and mobile sites, including emerging technologies, design techniques, accessibility and usability.
Support, maintain, and monitor internal digital marketing & communications channels. (10%)
- Formatting, testing and posting content generated by others in a timely and efficient manner, following editorial review and approval processes.
- Designing digital content for use on internal channels including knowledge bases, extranets and other communications assets (as required) in collaboration with stakeholders and vendors.
- Sourcing stock video and imagery.
- Maintaining digital assets and monitoring content schedules for internal channels.
Support iA Wealth’s Digital Marketing Strategic Plan (10%)
- Working with the team and external knowledge experts to develop and maintain a marketing digital and social strategy across multiple audiences and platforms.
- Research and recommend new media and trends as part of an overall strategy.
Other duties as assigned (10%)
- To succeed in this role, the individual collaborates with others and is a self-starter with ability to work under tight deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team in a fast-paced, deadline and detailed oriented environment.
What you will need
- University/College Degree or Professional Certificate in Digital Media, Graphic Design, Marketing or Communications.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Web Design/Front-end Development and current web technologies.
- Previous experience within a Marketing agency or Marketing department is a requirement.
- Strong interest and hands on experience in the following capacities:
- Content Management Tools/Systems
- Front-end development
- Responsive Design
- General understanding of best practices in usability and accessibility (WCAG/AODA)
- General understanding of website metrics
- SEO/SEM (Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing)
- Social Media applications/Platforms and best practices
- Mobile Website
- Email design and email marketing best practices
- Working knowledge of the following: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Search Engine Optimization, Taxonomy, Microsoft Sharepoint, Vimeo Video Platform and SproutSocial. Email Platforms (e.g. Act-On, Campaign Monitor, Hubspot)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP) an asset.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to deliver a project from concept to completion.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience in financial services industry an asset.
- Knowledge of French an asset.