Portfolio Administrator - 6 Month Contract
- Employer: IA Clarington Inc.
- Office: 26, Wellington Avenue East 5th floor
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10004568
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Investment Operations, the Portfolio Administrator will be the key person responsible for the daily investment administration of portfolios managed by iA Clarington.
Main Responsibilities includes:
- Monitoring and facilitating the settlement of Equity, Loan & Bond trades within those portfolios to ensure all information on the investments is reflected in the portfolio in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Maintaining the portfolios on the investment system. This would involve inputting entries, ensuring data is properly communicated to/from the system and generating reports.
- Perform Cash / Position reconciliations and Identify, Investigate and resolve any breaks / Portfolio Discrepancies.
- Working with other parties to ensure the smooth administration of the portfolios. This would include preparing and coordinating loan documents, KYC & Account opening documents with dealers and internal departments, investigating and resolving discrepancies and following up with the relevant parties.
- Supporting the Manager, Investment Operations with operational matters within the department. This may include assisting with the documentation of procedures, organizing proxy voting, trading reports and corporate actions, Coordinating private placements and producing performance reports.
- Assist with other work as required by members of the investment team and other projects as required.
- Perform other tasks as allocated by the Manager, Investment Operations
- A college or Bachelor’s degree
- Must have 2+ years of office experience
- Experience in trade settlements, fund accounting or investment / custodial relationship would be an asset
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven organizational and time-management skills, with a sense of urgency and an ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented with strong numeracy skills
- High level of proficiency with Excel and Word applications
- Prior experience with Bloomberg would be an asset
- Willingness to learn
- Good teamwork skills
- Reliable with a good sense of judgement
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.