Senior Fund Governance & Oversight Manager
- Employer: iA Clarington Investments
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: J0818-0680
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewWe are iA Clarington
And we will be invested in you
As one of Canada’s leading investment management companies, iA Clarington brings clarity, integrity and commitment to a complicated global investment landscape. We believe passionately in the value of active management, the investment products we deliver, and the importance of maintaining unwavering attention to both the big picture and the smallest details. Home to a number of highly respected portfolio management teams, together, we earn the trust of advisors and investors by bringing diverse investment views forward through our broad selection of offerings.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. - Canada’s fourth-largest life and health insurance company - iA Clarington offers a wide range of investment products, including actively managed mutual funds, managed portfolio solutions and socially responsible investments.
Reporting to the VP, Fund Governance & Oversight, the Senior Fund Governance & Oversight Manager is instrumental in establishing and maintaining best governance and oversight practices for iA Clarington’s products. The successful candidate will utilize their strong analytical and industry knowledge to contribute to developing and preparing product analysis and recommendations as well as contributing to iA Clarington’s overall product strategy.
1. The individual will work with the VP, Fund Governance & Oversight and other iA Financial Group companies to formalize and maintain policies and procedures to ensure iA Clarington is adopting the best governance and oversight practices. In addition, the individual will contribute to establishing enhanced analytics and points of views that identifies risks and factors most likely to affect the performance of the product line.
2. Support the due diligence and relationship management of internal and external investment teams including annual onsite Portfolio Manager reviews and assessments. The individual will be responsible for preparing and enhancing due diligence prep material as well as contributing to the summary of findings and recommendations to the Investment Oversight Committee.
3. Contribute to the oversight of iA Clarington’s existing products by creating and maintaining Investment Policy Statements, producing product analysis and product line performance reporting including vs key performance indicators as well as maintaining reporting and contributing to recommendations with respect to fund risk ratings, fund categorization and benchmarks.
4. The individual will be responsible for contributing to proactive, value added product research and analysis to support the full life cycle of all products. This would include assisting the Product Development team in conducting portfolio manager searches for new mandates and contributing to product rationalization and enhancement recommendations.
8+ years of relative experience in the investment funds space.
Experience at an asset manager, investment dealer or investment consultant an asset.
Post Secondary degree
CFA or CIM (or working towards)
Bilingualism in French and English an asset
Knowledge of investment products, including structure
Knowledge of investment management principles and strategies
Knowledge of capital markets
Must be able to interview senior investment personnel
Must be able to explain complicated concepts
Must be able to manage multiple projects
Demonstrated strength in the use of MS-Excel, Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg and other investment software (ie. SimFund, eVestment)
Excellent written and oral communication skills
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.