iA Financial Group increases its support to clients and communities during the pandemic
- For clients of iA Auto and Home Insurance, a discount representing the equivalent of 20% of their monthly auto insurance premium
- Other favourable measures for iA Financial Group insurance, mortgage and auto loan clients
- Even more in corporate donations in support of the fight against COVID-19
iA Financial Group is pleased to announce a new initiative, in addition to those already rolled out over the last few weeks, to support its clients. Effective immediately, iA Auto and Home will be offering its auto insurance policyholders a discount on their premium.
In this unusual situation, where everyone is putting the health and wellbeing of the community first, iA Auto and Home wants to do its part by giving its clients a discount representing 20% of their monthly auto insurance premium.
Everyone will benefit from this discount and clients will not have to apply. This discount takes effect retroactively to April 1st for an initial period of two months. We will then reassess based on how measures announced by the government and public health authorities evolve. Further details regarding this discount will soon be provided to clients of iA Auto and Home.
Note that, over the last few weeks, iA Financial Group has provided various forms of relief to help its clients who are experiencing financial difficulties directly attributed to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Life, critical illness, disability and personal accident insurance, as well as individual insurance and savings: Until May 31, 2020, our clients can contact our Customer Service Department to request a 90-day deferral of their insurance premiums and loan payments.
- Residential mortgage loans: Clients can contact our Customer Service Department to request the deferral of their mortgage payments. This solution will allow our clients to postpone their regular payments (principal and interest) by one, two or three months (their choice). Additionally, administrative fees will not be charged during this difficult time.
- Auto loans: iA Auto Financing offers flexible payment solutions to help clients who are having financial difficulties associated with COVID-19. These clients can arrange to make partial payments or postpone payments. Our Customer Service team helps clients find the best solutions for their specific situation.
- Group insurance: Clients can postpone the payment of their premiums for 60 days. Clients on short-term disability following a positive COVID-19 diagnosis will receive immediate coverage, with no waiting period. Other positive measures are being offered, including the possibility of maintaining coverage for employees who lost their job because of COVID-19 and the automatic temporary renewal of prescription drugs that usually require prior authorization.
Special philanthropic donations
Moreover, since March 2020, iA Financial Group has committed itself to the fight against COVID-19 and its unprecedented effects on our communities. Therefore, we have increased the amount of donations in the areas of health and the community, specifically targeting organizations that have urgent needs because of the current situation.
As at April 7, 2020, iA Financial Group has donated an additional $1,450,000 to fight the COVID-19 crisis, including $600,000 in emergency funding to various teaching hospital foundations and health research centres across Canada.
We also donated $850,000 in emergency funding to various community organizations across Canada. And, we donated $450,000 in emergency funding to United Way to help fight food insecurity, senor isolation and homelessness.
Finally, we provided direct assistance to food banks in several provinces. Because food banks are having a hard time keeping up to the demand during this time of crisis, we wanted to act quickly to help them carry out their vital mission.
“Since the beginning of this extraordinary situation, we have done everything we can to protect the health and safety of our employees, ensure the continuity of our operations and support our clients and our communities”, explains Denis Ricard, President and Chief Executive Officer of iA Financial Group. “We are facing an unprecedented crisis. We ae proud to contribute in as many ways as possible to this major mobilization and fight to end the pandemic.”
For more information about the various measures implemented, please visit our website at: https://ia.ca/covid-19-updates.