Conseiller(ère) juridique, affaires commerciales
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Legal and Compliance Services
- Job ID: JR10008229
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-04-30
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Do you like being involved in strategic issues and are you a team player with strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are you good at expressing your thoughts and influencing your partners on crucial issues?
iA Financial Group is looking for a legal advisor to join its team in charge of drafting and negotiating business contracts for the parent company and group subsidiaries.
Working with other team members, you will mainly be responsible for:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating business agreements of all kinds, including licence agreements, service agreements, leases, distribution agreements, referral agreements
- Providing legal counsel, particularly in matters of finance and real estate law as well as private investments, such as buy-sell, subscription, limited partnership and other agreements
You may also be called on to:
- Work with other teams on transactional matters, including corporate acquisitions and reorganizations
What we are looking for:
- Strong team player
- Keen analytical mind
- Ability to share your knowledge and to support and train other advisors and technicians
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Agility and flexibility in the face of change or unexpected situations
- Ability to challenge traditional ways of doing things
- Member of the bar of a Canadian province
- 5 to 10 years of experience in business law
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of IT law (an asset)
- Experience in financial services (an asset)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.