Claims Adjuster, Mechanical Warranty
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 9150, boul. Leduc
- Location: Brossard, Quebec
- Job category: Claims - Generalist
- Job ID: JR10016721
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2023-06-16
Are you passionate about the automobile industry and you take pride in giving an outstanding customer service? The Dealer Services team needs you to help support its Canadian clientele.
The Mechanical Warranty Claims Adjuster is responsible for adjudicating mechanical warranty claims on Extended Warranty Contract Policies sold across Canada and servicing a fluctuating caseload of new and ongoing claims within department service standards required to support the iA Group clients. More precisely:
- Processes warranty claims, assigns inspectors, justifies benefits a customer is contractually entitled while also eliminating wasteful and abusive claims.
- Communicates decision to claimants.
- If appropriate, calculates payments and create payments on the system.
- Interpret the policy contracts to accurately calculate benefits, which is a completely manual process.
- Communicates in writing to customers using standard letters (with some modification) and customized letters.
- Discusses and presents difficult or complex claims to management.
- Negotiates with the claimant in the case of an overpayment to ensure that iA receives a full refund.
- Develops and maintains positive and effective business relationships with the claimant base and Regional offices staff.
- Reacts productively to change, and handles other essential tasks as assigned.
- Provides appropriate and timely communication, while maintaining confidentiality with claimants and other departments within IA, while being able to apply the terms of the coverage.
- Degree in Science or Business Administration an asset. Completion of Post Secondary or Community College Diploma and or an Undergraduate
- Excellent english and french language skills, both oral and written, due to frequent interactions with English and French-speaking clients across Canada
- Industry related experience minimum of 3 years, related vehicle mechanical experience in a repair facility environment.
- Computer, Systems and Technology Knowledge:
- Basic PC Skills, Mainframe application experience.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiar with the Internet and maneuvering within a Web based application.
- Ability to deal with people and communicate effectively by telephone (customer service orientation)
At iA, we invest,
Our employees are our best investment and we have much to offer them.
iA Financial Group is the strength of a company with a human side, with its over 8,000 employees. Together, we have earned the trust of our more than four million clients and 50,000 advisors who have chosen us for their insurance, savings, and wealth management.
With over $200 billion in assets and half a billion invested in technological innovation, we’re a key player in the financial services industry in Canada and the United States. The secret to our success? Investing in you, one person at a time. Because, for over 125 years, we have believed that it’s by supporting our employees and surrounding ourselves with the most reputable leaders in the industry, we will continue to innovate.
At iA, we’re invested in you.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At iA Financial Group, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
Please note that if you need help or assistance to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please contact us here. Someone from our team will be happy to assist you.