Senior Underwriter (Individual Insurance) - 6 Month Contract
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Health and Medical Services
- Job ID: JR10006110
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you Motivated, team-spirited individual with expertise in individual insurance? We have a Senior Underwriter opportunity current available to join our team on a 6 month contract, with possibility of extension. This could be the opportunity you have been looking for!
What YOU will be doing:
- Ensure that the risks are appropriately classified.
- Review cases on an adhoc basis to provide second initials on cases above a given underwriter's approval authority, or provide a second opinion.
- Identify backlogs or procedural roadblocks and take the necessary steps to correct.
- Determine expectations and alternatives for various underwriting problems (on a case by case basis) and recommend changes to underwriting practices if a trend is identified.
- Train and coach less experienced underwriters.
- Conduct underwriting audits, as required.
- Discuss medical impairments and reasons for ratings and or declines with our advisors.
- Produce an agreed number of final decisions per week.
What YOU will bring:
- Minimum of 10 years of individual life and living benefits underwriting experience
- University Degree in health sciences or related fields
- FLMI Designation and working towards the FALU Designation
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset
- Working knowledge of underwriting systems
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology and underwriting principles
Location for this role is flexible.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in iA Financial Group!
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.