Team Leader, New Business
- Employer: PPI Management Inc.
- Office: 1200-235 Yorkland Blvd
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10005614
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Shaping Dreams Into Legacies
PPI elevates independent financial advisors to the next level.
Supporting advisors with market leading expertise and technology, we empower them to build the best solutions for their clients through proprietary tools, a comprehensive product suite, unparalleled life insurer relationships and competitive compensation. A tireless supporter and advocate for Canada’s insurance advisors, PPI offers national resources through a network of local offices from coast to coast.
Unparalleled resources. At your command.
To maintain PPI’s exacting level of service, we are looking for a Team Leader, New Business to join our Toronto team.
Team Leader, New Business
The primary focus of the Team Leader, New Business is to ensure team service levels to advisors are maintained and to manage cases from submission to commission as quickly and seamlessly as possible. This includes managing new business cases and conducting appropriate follow up for requested information, data entry, reviewing all incoming mail and determining the appropriate course of action.
The Team Leader will supervise and mentor assigned New Business staff, fostering a team that works together to deliver service levels and follows national processes, including, organizing and monitoring the team’s work processes to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion. The Team Leader will also work closely with the Manager, Business Operations to assist in the accomplishment of team and department objectives.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Business Operations, provide, on-going supervision to the New Business Team including monitoring workflow, setting clear expectations, conducting performance reviews, addressing performance issues, attendance and vacation scheduling and approvals, training, and the recruitment of new staff.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Business Operations, coach, mentor and provide ongoing development of the New Business Team through on-the-job feedback and training.
- Work with the Manager, Business Operations to effectively accomplish department objectives/SMART goals and help to organize and monitor work processes to ensure all work is completed on a timely basis.
- Process new business applications ensuring issue and settlement processing steps are compliant, accurate and carried out in a timely manner to deliver a positive and value added experience for advisors and maintain PPI’s service standards.
- Ensure the team assumes ownership of assigned files and quality of data, including recognizing any urgencies and assisting in the resolution of problems that may prevent a file from moving through the process as quickly as possible and understanding the downstream impact on reporting and commissions.
- Order all underwriting requirements where required or confirmation of same when ordered by the advisor ensuring that all medical and/or financial documentation requirements are received and included with applications.
- Prepare all requirements for mailing to insurance carriers and/or advisors.
- Build effective relationships with assigned advisors acting as a consistent point of contact throughout the process and responding to queries.
- Maintain contact between the insurance carrier and the advisor regarding the status of the application; follow up with paramedical facilities and advisors as required, ensuring advisors are updated regularly on current status.
- Review issued policies to confirm complete accuracy and ensure advisor receives a copy.
- Settle policies by following up on all outstanding requirements, obtain all necessary signatures;
- Ensure progress is recorded in WealthServ in a timely manner and per PPI’s service standards.
- Ensure the New Business Team anticipates the needs of advisors and follows established processes for informing advisors of important details related to underwriting.
- Effectively resolve any issues which pertain to cases in underwriting.
- Verify and update carrier feeds where applicable.
- Ensure that there is appropriate backup for team members during absences and as required.
- Provide backup to team members during absences and as required.
- Look for efficiency opportunities and/or service improvements and work to incorporate into national processes. Leverage tools and technology wherever possible.
- Manage and maintain weekly reports for the management team as requested and required.
- Additional responsibilities, duties and special projects as identified.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the insurance industry with an emphasis on new business processes
- Industry designation(s) (FLMI, ACS, AIAA) desirable
- Previous experience in the supervision/leadership/mentoring of staff
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work within and promote a team-based environment to reach department objectives and goals
- Expert organizational and time management skills with proven ability to handle high volumes of work and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to organize self and others while handling multiple priorities
- Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Creative problem solver with highly developed critical thinking skills
- Proven accuracy, attention to detail and data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to represent self, office and organization in a professional, positive manner at all times
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Knowledge of WealthServ and Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint in particular
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume may be used for other vacancies.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.