New Business Administrator
- Employer: PPI Management Inc.
- Office: 300-6700, boulevard Pierre-Bertrand
- City: Quebec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10004822
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Shaping Dreams Into Legacies
PPI elevates independent financial advisors to the next level.
Supporting advisors with market leading expertise and technology, we empower them to build the best solutions for their clients through proprietary tools, a comprehensive product suite, unparalleled life insurer relationships and competitive compensation. A tireless supporter and advocate for Canada’s insurance advisors, PPI offers national resources through a network of local offices from coast to coast.
Unparalleled resources. At your command.
To maintain PPI’s exacting level of service, we are looking for a New Business Administrator to join our Quebec team.
New Business Administrator
The primary focus of the New Business Administrator is processing life insurance applications through the appropriate channels resulting in the issue and settlement of policy contracts. The New Business Administrator manages new business cases including conducting appropriate follow up for requested information, data entry, reviewing all incoming mail and determining the appropriate course of action.
- Process new business applications ensuring issue and settlement processing steps are compliant, accurate and carried out in a timely manner, to maintain PPI's service standards.
- Assume ownership of assigned files, recognizing any urgency, identifying issues and addressing obstacles that may impede the underwriting process, policy issue or settlement.
- Order all underwriting requirements where required or confirmation of same when ordered by the advisor ensuring that all medical and/or financial documentation requirements are received and included with applications.
- Prepare all requirements for mailing to insurance carriers and/or advisors.
- Build effective relationships with assigned advisors, acting as a consistent point of contact throughout the process and responding to queries.
- Maintain contact between the insurance carrier and the advisor regarding the status of the application; follow up with paramedical facilities and advisors as required.
- Review issued policies to confirm completion and accuracy and ensure advisor receives a copy.
- Settle policies by following up on all outstanding requirements, obtain all necessary signatures; apprise management of policy changes which may impact compensation.
- Ensure progress is recorded in WealthServ in a timely manner and per PPI Solutions' service standards.
- Effectively resolve any issues which pertain to cases in underwriting.
- Verify and update carrier feeds where applicable.
- Additional responsibilities, duties and special projects as identified.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in the insurance industry with an emphasis on new business processes
- Industry designation(s) (FLMI, ACS, AIAA) desirable
- Superior organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Proven accuracy, attention to detail and data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships and work within a team environment
- Ability to represent self, office and organization in a professional, positive manner at all times
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint in particular
- Bilingualism in French and English an asset
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume may be used for other vacancies.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.