Business/Functional Analyst, Wealth Management
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 26, Wellington Avenue East
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10004578
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Open yourself up to new opportunities! Because we’re constantly evolving, we’re looking for a business/functional analyst to join our large IT team. Whether you’re seeking exciting challenges, training opportunities, or an energetic and welcoming work environment, we have what you need to fulfill your potential.
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates teamwork, an open mind, specific skills for working with various technologies in both project and continuous improvement contexts, and an exceptional commitment to offering quality services to Wealth Management users.
Your future role and responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the business line PO (product owner), collect, record and understands the users’ business needs
- Work in collaboration with the architecture team to ensure that we implement the best solutions for the partners’ needs
- Work in close collaboration with developers
- Write, execute and coordinate trials and help users with acceptance testing
- Participate in the application development plan
- Ability to manage several different potentially complex files simultaneously, in the best interests of the partner and the organization
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain things in simple terms, both to IT teams and to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiation abilities and advanced conflict resolution skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business informatics, information systems, computer or software engineering or any other relevant training at the same level
- 7-10 years of experience in information technology in various large-scale organizations and projects, with at least 5 years of experience in a business/functional analyst role
- Excellent knowledge/understanding of strategic IT technologies and analysis methods (e.g. BABOK)
- Experience working with SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), DevOps and LEAN, particularly in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and regulations related to the business sector – IIROC and MFDA (major asset)
- Bilingual (French-English), written and spoken (asset)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.