- Employer: IA Clarington Inc.
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Legal and Compliance Services
- Job ID: JR10003420
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you a lawyer with securities law and/or investment fund experience looking to take a step in your career and join a dynamic team in the financial industry? Do you have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with partners from different lines of business within the wealth management industry? The iA Wealth legal team has an opportunity for you! As Legal Counsel, in addition to providing legal support on a wide variety of matters to the companies within iA’s wealth management business, here are the many challenges that await you:
- Provide advice on securities, regulatory and compliance matters, including investment management, IIROC and MFDA matters
- Provide legal support in connection with the offer and sale of retail mutual funds
- Draft and negotiate agreements
- Provide support to manage legal and business risk
- You must be qualified to practice law in the province of Ontario
- 5 to 7 years of experience in corporate and securities law with a large firm or financial institution
- Specific experience in the wealth management industry and with either retail mutual funds or securities adviser regulation and IIROC or MFDA rules
- Ability to communicate in French will be considered an asset
If you have a strong commitment to client service and excellent interpersonal skills, this new challenge is for you!
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.