How your role contributes to the success of the business
The VSC Claims Adjuster is responsible for claims calls, emails, faxes. They are to property authenticate the contract, components in question and verify the cost of the parts and labor required to complete the repairs, while following departmental guidelines and procedures.
Day in your Life
- Field claim calls, faxes and emails, efficiently and courteously.
- Manage claim files through prompt evaluation, timely follow up and thorough research.
- Examine and interpret, adjuster and approve claims for payment based on contract language, terms and limitations, following published policies and guidelines.
- Handle escalated adjustment and denial claim calls, and determine when those calls require the attention of a Team Leader/ Supervisor or higher authority.
- Interact with Claims Customer Service and Claims Processing departments as required.
- Interact with the Contract Administration Department on contract issues as required.
- Document an accurate diary of events in to the claim file.
- High school education
- 4 years of automotive experience which may include: technician, service writer, or parts department.
- Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, 401K w/ match, PTO, and more!)
- A Human Approach
- Career Advancement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Quality Working Conditions
iA American is a wholly-owned subsidiary of iA Financial Group, one of the largest insurance and wealth management groups in North America. In the last few years, iA American has been thoughtfully built by iA Financial Group through the acquisition of Innovative Aftermarket Systems (IAS), SouthwestRe, and Dealers Assurance Company (DAC). Our suite of products and services includes automotive protection packages, reinsurance options, dealer support, direct-to-consumer products, and in-house administration.
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.