We’re looking for 2 Senior Accountants to join our growing team! iA American is a wholly-owned subsidiary of iA Financial Group, one of the largest insurance and wealth management groups in North America. Invest in yourself. It happens here.
AO/Client Accounting – 100%
• Reconcile monthly administration business for admin system(s).
• Prepare and post monthly journal entries for administration business and obligor business.
• Prepare, post, and reconcile monthly deferred revenue and deferred acquisition costs entries.
• Prepare and post month-end accruals.
• Reconcile monthly carrier reporting to the monthly business.
• Reconcile monthly commission payments to Agents to monthly business.
• Prepare and post G/L entries relating to cash transfers and intercompany transactions.
• Prepare cash report for administration and obligor business.
• Perform account analysis on G/L accounts to ensure accuracy
• Assist with annual 1099-Miscellaneous preparation.
• Assist with the annual financial audit.
• Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work.
• At least five years of progressive accounting work experience.
• Experience within the insurance/financial services industry, specifically automotive is nice to have.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Strong computer/MS Office skills; ability to learn other software systems quickly.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid research and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to keep work well organized and prioritize well.
• Ability to work independently as well as function effectively on a team.
• Ability to adapt well to change, both procedural and organizational.
• A positive, learning-oriented attitude.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, 401K w/ match, PTO, and more!)
• A Human Approach
• Career Advancement
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Quality Working Conditions
iA American is a wholly-owned subsidiary of iA Financial Group, one of the largest insurance and wealth management groups in North America. In the last few years, iA American has been thoughtfully built by iA Financial Group through the acquisition of Innovative Aftermarket Systems (IAS), SouthwestRe, and Dealers Assurance Company (DAC). Our suite of products and services includes automotive protection packages, reinsurance options, dealer support, direct-to-consumer products, and in-house administration.