- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Human Resources and Continuous Improvement
- Job ID: JR10009546
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-07-30
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
You have a service mindset, strong leadership and good communication skills? You enjoy working in a team, sharing your knowledge and contributing to a positive and collaborative work environment? Perfect timing! We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Individual Insurance division to work with the Underwriting and New Business teams.
- Help define and maintain the development strategy of the IT tools,systems and processes of the New Business - Individual Insurance Underwriting sector.
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, including existing teams in Quebec City, Toronto and Vancouver offices, colleagues in the various IT departments, sales force members, agency employees and networks of collaborators that may include suppliers and reinsurers.
- You will be responsible for the analysis and definition of strategic needs related to the business sector's orientations, the definition of the scope, orientation and objectives of projects as well as the related processes to be modified or implemented. You will also be required to perform various complex analyses supported by field observations and factual data. In addition, you will have to stay on top of opportunities generated by projects in other business sectors or technological advances.
- Diagnose, implement, coordinate and document problems related to the proper functioning of systems.
- Coordinate, develop and execute acceptance test plans and cases while participating in the implementation of process and system changes by supporting the affected teams.
- Play a Product Owner (PO) role in small to large LEAN engagements. You will be the direct contact for the IT teams in the execution of the projects.
- Contribute to the development and support of younger resources in the team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or administration with SIO option
- 3 to 10 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of the various products offered by the insurance industry, administrative systems and business processes (Important asset)
- Excellent knowledge of English and French, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Babok and Lean methodology (an asset)
- Very good sense of organization and prioritization and ability to work on several projects at the same time while solving daily production issues
You want to consolidate your expertise within a fast-growing company? Come share your know-how with iA Financial Group!
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.