- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10009537
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-08-02
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge with others to solve complex problems? Are you able to deliver improvement projects with tight deadlines? Are you passionate about the medical field? Are you curious, have a strong analytical mind and good judgment? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic team?
iA Financial Group is looking for a Head Underwriter to support underwriters as a resource person and participate in a variety of process improvement and development projects.
- Coach and train underwriters as a resource person;
- Suggest corrections and new practices following the evaluation of the field (medical or non-medical)
- Improve the underwriting rules and update the procedure book.
- Control the quality of the underwriters' work by verifying the decisions made by sampling;
- Link underwriting procedures with those of partner departments (policyholder services, marketing, actuarial, etc.) to ensure cohesion of processes between departments;
- Support underwriters responsible for backward selection files referred by the claims department and evaluate death files that have occurred during the selection process;
- Take ownership of various improvement requests related to underwriting and perform change management with underwriters.
- Act as a reasonable underwriter in contentious cases that the Company or other companies are challenging in court;
- Work collaboratively with other underwriters on the Partnership and Improvement team on various mandates.
- Ability to explain complex concepts to peers;
- Ability to provide feedback effectively;
- Ability to analyze and reason accurately;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to navigate complex expertise.
- University degree (BAC) and/or 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in underwriting;
- ALU designation (an asset)
- FLMI designation (an asset)
A combination of experience and training may be considered for this position
*The position can be located in Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.