- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10008744
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-05-21
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Would you like to join one of the largest portfolio management groups in Canada? With iA Investment Management (iAIM), a member of iA Financial Group, take your career to new heights in a high-performance work environment. Our passionate teams are dedicated every day to making iAIM one of the most competitive portfolio managers in the market. iAIM is a firm of over 100 experienced investment professionals with close to $100 billion in assets under management. It manages portfolios of general funds, segregated funds and mutual funds for the Industrial Alliance group.
The Senior Vice-President, Head of Global Trading is looking for a Trader to join its team. The candidate we are looking for will be a key contributor within our team and can be based in our Toronto, Montreal or Quebec City office.
Summary of Role
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President, Head of Global Trading, the successful candidate will be responsible for executing and managing trades. The Trader will work closely with a team of Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Traders to add value to the trade and cash management process. In addition, the candidate will work closely with his superior on many different projects helping the overall team to meet its objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Negotiate and execute transactions in global financial markets on equity, fixed income currency and derivative products;
- Support Senior Traders in managing orders and operational processes;
- Support the portfolio management team by providing market intelligence;
- Monitor market activity and advise on timing of execution;
- Coordinate with several internal departments such as Accounting, Legal and Operations;
- Work closely with the cash management team;
- Develop and maintain relationships with our counterparties;
- Assist in the development of tools and analytics.
- Completion of a University degree in a related field of study
- CFA, completed or in progress, would be considered an asset
- Between 0-2 years of trading experience
- Advanced level of written and spoken French and English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of Bloomberg would be considered an asset
- Programming skills would be considered an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.