IT Support Representative
- Employer: PPI Management Inc.
- Office: 1200-2235 Sheppard Avenue E
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10008729
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-06-07
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
PPI company overview:
Shaping Dreams Into Legacies
PPI elevates independent financial advisors to the next level.
Supporting advisors with market leading expertise and technology, we empower them to build the best solutions for their clients through proprietary tools, a comprehensive product suite, unparalleled life insurer relationships and competitive compensation. A tireless supporter and advocate for Canada’s insurance advisors, PPI offers national resources through a network of local offices from coast to coast.
Unparalleled resources. At your command.
Our business culture is guided by our core values, grounded in a powerful belief in the enhanced value of life insurance. We are also strong advocates for the essential value of insurance advisors to further the goals of their clients. For PPI, this means doing everything in our power to open new markets for advisors and enable their practices to prosper and thrive.
For more information about PPI visit: www.ppi.ca
To maintain PPI’s exacting level of service, we are looking for a bilingual IT Support Representative to join our Toronto or Quebec City team.
IT Support Representative (Bilingual)
The IT Support Representative is responsible for providing technical support to both staff and insurance advisors of PPI. As part of the Helpdesk team, the IT Support Representative works interactively with the Manager, IT Support Services, and other IT Support and Network Infrastructure team members.
- Provide IT support in person, by phone, email, and by connecting remotely
- Answer calls and handle Helpdesk tickets for Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic offices and back up western IT Support team members
Support for staff in the following areas:
- Troubleshoot and document IT issues, including Windows, MS Office, PPI software (Toolkit and applets), insurance company software, network connectivity, viruses, PPI websites and systems.
- Set up and support personal computer and shared equipment, including desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, scanners, VOIP desk and conference phones, projectors, MFPs
- Track equipment assignment changes using EZOffice Inventory system
- Coordinate setup and IT orientation for new employees
- Ship and receive equipment
- Occasional travel may be required
Support for advisors in the following areas:
- Troubleshoot and document issues for PPI software (Toolkit and applets), as well as PPI-distributed insurance company software
- Access and support for PPI websites and systems (such as WealthServ)
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English
- Degree or diploma in an IT area and 5 years experience in an IT support role
- A+ and Microsoft certification
- Technical proficiency with personal computer equipment and software, Windows, Microsoft Office. Strong understanding of network concepts and services
- Outstanding problem solving ability
- Self-motivated with outstanding time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Effective documentation skills and diligence in ticketing and recording technical information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine desire to provide superior quality service
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and proven ability to build relationships
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and move between projects continuously
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Experience in the insurance or financial services industry is preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume may be used for other vacancies.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.