Winter Co-op Student, Group Underwriting
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: JR10006394
- Job type: Student Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the incumbent maintains and handles the bulk of the technical tasks within Group Underwriting with respect to mail and other work received.
- Manage database for the Underwriting workflow
- Underwrite simple renewals for small groups (under 25 lives)
- Complete special reports assigned by management, including system testing for applications used in technical support
- Provide backup for other technical support people during peak periods and absences
- Currently pursuing a degree or diploma in Business, Economics, Math, Actuarial or Statistical related field of study and in a co-op program
- Previous work in office environment an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Mainframe or P.C. applications
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.