Senior Director, Investment - Private debt
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10006090
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Does the idea of being a part of the biggest finance team in Quebec City make you consider a career as a private debt manager specializing in project funding?
As an experienced investment manager, you now have the opportunity to join a high-performance, experienced and multidisciplinary team and help implement an evolving mandate! An AGILE structure allows you to work with greater autonomy and have a real impact on results.
Your future role at iA:
- Manage part of the private debt portfolio
- Develop and maintain contacts with Canadian institutional investors, securities brokers and other capital market stakeholders
- Solicit, analyze and negotiate the funding conditions of new private funding opportunities
- Work with various experts (lawyers, lenders and other stakeholders in transactions)
- Meet and hold discussions with managers from issuing companies and their representatives
- Analyze and monitor documentation related to portfolio investments
- Analyze changes in the financial situation of borrowers
- Help develop and use referral and credit analysis systems
- Monitor compliance with previously negotiated guarantees
- Help develop and implement the private debt team’s strategy
- Be a mentor to some team members
Your peers recognize you as an excellent communicator and for your ability to make decisions and your negotiation skills. You have strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You enjoy working independently as well as part of a team. Do you have these qualities and skills? Contact me to find out more about this opportunity.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Graduate diploma, CFA or accounting designation (preferred)
- Over 15 years’ experience in credit analysis
- Knowledge of the infrastructure industry (preferred)
- Proficiency in English and French, with very good writing skills
- Bilingual (French and English) (strongly preferred)
- Proficiency with the Windows environment
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.