Group Underwriting and Contract Analyst
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10005778
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Group Underwriting & Contract Administration, the Group Underwriting and Contract Analyst is responsible for five distinct areas of work for the Special Markets Solutions division:
1. Group Underwriting (New Business Quotations & Renewals)
prepare and issue new business proposals, in accordance with the requested external deadline and within the Solutions turn-around commitment. Proposals are to incorporate applicable product features, premium rates, marketing plans and administration requirements, using applicable proposal templates as a starting point;
responsible for processing the annual renewal of inforce business, by conducting a renewal analysis and preparation of a formal summary of recommendations and policy statistics to send to the policyholder/broker;
responsible for accurately implementing all required changes.
2. New Business Implementation
create and issue new group policy contracts using approved contract templates as a starting point;
assist in the creation and maintenance of policy specific Insurance Benefit Summaries (IBS) and Insurance Booklets;
responsible for the set-up the newly placed business on the CLASS mainframe system, ensuring accurate billings, reinsurance and commission handling;
will attend and may initiate new business implementation meetings as needed. They are responsible for communicating with various departments and teams to obtain required documents and information.
3. Ongoing Contract Administration
assist in the creation and issuance of Amendments to existing group policy contracts;
assist in the periodic re-write of selected group policy contracts to bring the policy wording up-to-date with current wording and/or administrative practices, while ensuring continuity by upholding the intent of the original contract.
4. Marketing Support
review and provide technical and practical input to Marketing material such as brochures, applications, rate cards, websites and special Direct-Marketing specific material. They will ensure Marketing material complies with policy-specific contract provisions, administration and underwriting requirements, company guidelines and applicable legislation.
5. Special Projects & Miscellaneous Tasks
assist in various special projects as required;
assist in resolving administration-related and claims-related queries regarding the interpretation of contract terms/gather and summarize various premium and insured statistics for specialized Policyholder reporting;
assist with year-end reporting and quarterly compliance-related auditing of team processes.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- University degree or diploma in relevant field is considered an asset
- In the absence of a university degree or diploma, four to five years of Group Insurance work experience is considered an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage a high volume of complex, diverse functions, meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
- Analytical skills and attention to detail and quality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player, with ability to work and communicate with various departments
- Responsive to the needs of Solutions staff and clients
- Sound knowledge of MS-Windows based applications, including Word and Excel
What we Offer
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- Transit Subsidy program
- 35 hour work week
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Working in a very close knit team who enjoys numerous fun social activities in and outside of work
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- An annual bonus
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth
If you have any further questions regarding this great opportunity please feel free to reach out on Linkedin to Nicole Lum, Talent Acquisition Consultant: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicole-marie-lum-b-comm-cphr-398b7513/
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.