Bilingual Procurement Specialist
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- Office: 26 Wellington Street East
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Operational and Maintenance Services
- Job ID: JR10004930
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We are looking for a Bilingual (French/English) Procurement Specialist to join our iA Team!
Would you like to contribute to the establishment of a Procurement Centre of Excellence within a major insurance and wealth management company in Canada? Do you want a good level of autonomy and take up new challenges in a dynamic and growing team? This position of Procurement specialist is for you! Use your procurement experience links to the Procurement Department and support complex and various purchases of goods and services.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for managing and optimizing iA Wealth’s procurement process for goods and services across various categories including, but not limited to, technology, real estate, consulting services and supplies. The Procurement Specialist works with iA Wealth as well as the broader iA Financial Group’s technical experts, internal business partners and the legal department to assess business needs and manage contractual risks. The individual will negotiate complex contractual agreements, define and implement negotiation strategies, control costs, the quality of results and compliance with deadlines. The Specialist is also responsible for participating in the improvement of business processes to respond to procurement processing and keeps abreast of market trends.
- Regularly collaborates with experts and internal partners, at all levels, to assess business needs
- Leads vendor scans to identify potential solution providers
- Leads and coordinates the RFI and RFP process
- Recommends acquisitions, contract terms and prices
- Recommends and aligns stakeholders with negotiation strategies, and implements them
- Leads complex contract negotiations with iA Wealth’s suppliers
- Understands and negotiates the unique considerations and requirements of product and service categories (e.g. technology, real estate, etc.)
- Reviews contracts prior to execution to highlight key issues and risk and develops a response in coordination with internal stakeholders
- Establishes a process for the regular review and assessment of contracts and vendor performance
- Ensures that vendors deliver on contractual agreements including quality and timely delivery of products and services; follows up with vendors when escalation is necessary and ensures that contractual penalties applies, if and when necessary
- Maintains professional relations with supplier representatives in accordance with the code of ethics and regularly evaluates their performance
- Applies procurement governance and practices to different areas of the organization to help manage the organization's costs
- Acts as an ambassador and expert on good procurement practices within iA Wealth
- Responsible for developing and managing a procurement request intake process, analyzing requests, establishing alignment with the prioritization of requests and identifying and coordinating the activities of procurement working group members
- Maintains a high level of coordination with the iA Financial Group’s procurement activities, vendor lists, policy and process development and implementation
- Monitors the market constantly for best practices related to procurement and vendor management, in addition to monitoring for new potential products, services and suppliers of interest to the business
Required Expertise / Knowledge / Skills
Complexity / Impact / Horizon:
- applies his knowledge and skills to complex activities related to other technological mandates or others type of mandates
- can identify possible solutions for complex or very complex situations, evaluate them and make a decision
- can analyze problems more comprehensively and identify new solutions that are less apparent at first glance
- responds to routine and non-standard requests
- regularly deals with complex mandates and in connection with technological projects or others that have a high impact on the organization
- defines strategies, action plans and activities to be carried out in its mandates or areas of intervention
- controls costs, the quality of results and the respect of deadlines in its mandates, which have a high impact on the organization
- regularly negotiates major contracts
- regularly provides direct assistance to internal partners
- establishes good relationships with suppliers
- acts as a resource person for colleagues with less experience (coaching)
- may be called upon to supervise activities and assist his supervisor in strategic mandates
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Law or any other related discipline
- Information technology experience a requisite: minimum 3 years
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in strategic sourcing;
- Have strong leadership to influence, at the right pace, stakeholders towards the vision it proposes;
- Carries out work independently, even in complex contexts, with minimal supervision and guidance
- CSCMP; Certified supply chain management professional designation (an asset)
- Demonstrates expertise with depth and breadth of knowledge and strong track record of accomplishments within the procurement discipline
- Advanced understanding of contractual and legal concepts
- Has developed expertise in computer products or information technology and other spend categories
- Strong business acumen and the ability to quickly understand the business context, issues and key elements that will influence the negotiation strategy and make the necessary connections between the players;
- Excellent judgement and decisiveness
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills to implement the purchasing strategy in different categories;
- Possess a spirit of collaboration and stand out for their interpersonal skills at different levels of the organization;
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time in a value-added manner;
- Demonstrates an openness to questioning its working methods and seeks continuous improvement
- Knowledge of the wealth, insurance and financial services field (asset);
- Knowledge at the contractual and legal level;
- Bilingual (French/English) a strong asset
- Advanced knowledge of the Office Suite.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.